• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Divisional Playoff Week - Father Time Slays Peyton's Rectum !

It is annoying how many people are arguing that "Dallas got screwed" have no idea what the rule is. Argue it is a fucked up rule but not that Dallas got screwed.

End of an overrated era

He's 1 of the 5 greatest QBs of all-time, even though he hasn't had a lot of post-season success (though he did get the 1 SB win and went to another and lost in a thriller). The reason he's not had post-season success recently is his arm is a noodle at the end of each season when he's playing in cold weather. The reason he didn't have post-season success early in his career is the Colts had no defense. Brady, by contrast, played with a great D in his early years, but hasn't had a good D the last several years till this year. And he hasn't won a SB in a while. Not because he isn't great but because they haven't had a complete team. Adding Revis Island and Browner has once again made their D 1 of the better Ds in the league, and that's why I think they're going to win the SB this year. Marino similarly never won a SB but is 1 of the greatest of all-time. He never won a SB because their Ds sucked, not because he wasn't great.

I'm not sure who is more irritatingly smug - Tom Brady or Pats fans who have just become big football fans over the last 15 years.

He's 1 of the 5 greatest QBs of all-time, even though he hasn't had a lot of post-season success (though he did get the 1 SB win and went to another and lost in a thriller). The reason he's not had post-season success recently is his arm is a noodle at the end of each season when he's playing in cold weather. The reason he didn't have post-season success early in his career is the Colts had no defense. Brady, by contrast, played with a great D in his early years, but hasn't had a good D the last several years till this year. And he hasn't won a SB in a while. Not because he isn't great but because they haven't had a complete team. Adding Revis Island and Browner has once again made their D 1 of the better Ds in the league, and that's why I think they're going to win the SB this year. Marino similarly never won a SB but is 1 of the greatest of all-time. He never won a SB because their Ds sucked, not because he wasn't great.

I'm not sure who is more irritatingly smug - Tom Brady or Pats fans who have just become big football fans over the last 15 years.

ha i am no Pats fan. Mannings 1 SB win came against Rex Grossman (my team) where he threw for 1 TD. Don't know if I'd call the 14 pt loss to NO where the Colts put up 17 pts a thriller, unless you were talking about the 35 pt loss to SEA.

Also you can talk about the lack of D Denver had, and its true, but the reason for no D is because they put a lot of money into giving Peyton the weapons he wanted, save for this year where had the best weapons in the league and a solid D. And youd think if he knew his noodle arm wouldnt hold up by the end of the season, he would either A. not throw it 40 times a game or B. not have chosen Denver as his team if it was going to be too cold.

Last edited:
The Indy/NO game was a great one. It was a 14 point game because of the late P6 when the Colts were driving to tie the game. I think there was something like 4 minutes left when it happened.

a great won where again i think Peyton had 1 TD pass and also the pick 6 that sealed it. I am not saying Manning isnt a great qb, he is. Just not in the postseason which in turn puts him at the bottom of the list of best qbs of all time.

Can I just say outside of Russell Wilson, I loathe Seattle. Pete Carroll is always playing up to the camera on the sideline, can't stand him.

If you were surprised at the refs overturning that call, you haven't been paying attention the last several years.

B7HXRf9IMAAf7X1.jpg

Did y'all talk about how fucking awesome Chuck Pagano's dad was on this thread yesterday?

B7IDrUCCAAAMH3d.png:large

Did y'all talk about how fucking awesome Chuck Pagano's dad was on this thread yesterday?

B7IDrUCCAAAMH3d.png:large

Haha yeah this was cracking my brother and I up. Looked like he was just eating a cigar. I had to think someone on CBS was like "we're doing this piece on Pagano's dad, but Jesus WTF is he doing?"

I generally agree with this, but this year, the Denver defense was good enough to win the Super Bowl, and the Broncos have plenty of weapons on offense. Despite a slew of 3 and outs; the Denver defense held the Colts to 24 points, and picked off Luck twice. The loss yesterday was on Manning. Obvious that Manning was completely unable to get the ball downfield, and it was not very cold. No excuses. The loss yesterday was on Manning.

Manning just can't win playoff games. He couldn't beat the Gators in college. He's a flawed guy w/ the game on the line.

Brady had a damn near perfect season and would have won the SB if it hadn't been for an absolute miracle catch by Tyree.

Then he almost won another only to be thwarted by again, another great catch and a huge drop.

The continuation rule is fine and it was applied correctly. It's like complaining that needing two feet down instead of one is dumb. It's just the rule. And saying Dez took three steps and jumped for the endzone is like saying this guy jogged down a hill.

eOxfH.gif

Jesus...the gifs that are posted. That one is as bad as the dog being thrown off a bridge.

The continuation rule is dumb, but the way game played out made the call arguably irrelevant.

After the call, GB got the ball with 4:06 left on its own 33 and did not need or want to score. They simply wanted to run clock. Even so, Dallas could not stop them as GB moved the ball into FG range. The idea that had Dallas scored GB would not have been able to move the ball down field (just like they did on their previous 3 drives) to score to win the game makes no sense.

Back