• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Has the change to the cut down policy across the league affected the preseason at all? Seems like the most likely game it would affect would be the 4th preseason games, but even then I'd imagine the dudes who definitely aren't making the team would even see any reps at all

Has the change to the cut down policy across the league affected the preseason at all? Seems like the most likely game it would affect would be the 4th preseason games, but even then I'd imagine the dudes who definitely aren't making the team would even see any reps at all

Should help teams with hard decisions to make about the end of the bench and special teams.

ODB signs a 5-year $95 million extension, with $65 million guaranteed. Eating up that much cap space for a WR is a big fucking gamble. ELIte is under contract for 2 more years, sounds like all-in through 2020 and then try to get a rookie deal QB after that.

Marquise Lee, Jags #1 receiver, out for the year with a knee injury.

Preseason game 3, traditionally a half plus dress rehearsal for starters has turned into much more of just another preseason game full of rookies and hopefuls and backups looking for roster spots.

With rosters at 93 all the way through preseason, some guys will be kept by teams who really have no place for them. That keeps them from going to a team with greater need at their specific position.

Apparently the Eagles-Browns snoozer was the highest rated FOX preseason game in 6 years.

I would like to see the system change but I’m not sure exactly what is broken.

Apparently the Eagles-Browns snoozer was the highest rated FOX preseason game in 6 years.

What were the dates of the previous games, for comparison? I don't recall FOX ever having a Thursday (or Sunday or Monday, for that matter) pre-season game in the past decade, it was usually Friday or Saturday for them......despite how bad the game was, Thursday night is always going to outdraw Friday or Saturday, ratings wise.

Why do you care about NFL preseason ratings or how the NFL conducts its preseason games. You don't have to watch it.

i mean, I know you watch every other show on TV, so you might feel guilty not watching a bunch of pointless NFL preseason games too, but they're not really any worse than most of the other crap you watch on TV.

What part of "I'm not sure exactly what is broken" do you not get? I think there's probably a different way to do things, but it would probably generate more issues than the current system.

I don't really care about preseason ratings. I just thought it was interesting that we were mocking the game last week and apparently a decent number of folks were watching it as well.

What part of "I'm not sure exactly what is broken" do you not get? I think there's probably a different way to do things, but it would probably generate more issues than the current system.

I thought you were talking about preseason games and their ratings. I see now you were responding to the part about keeping players on the roster.

Rodgers just got paid

Saints trade for Bridgewater, maybe Brees era is mercifully close to coming to an end

That should help Wolford's chances of sticking as the Jets number 3 QB.

PS is more likely. I'm wondering what the trade means for the Saints. They give up a 3rd round pick for a guy who is only under contract for this year. Does it mean they're all in for the SB this year even if Brees were to get hurt? Or maybe they've already spoken with his agent about a contract extension. But that seems unlikely because, if I'm Bridgewater, I want to compete for a starting position asap and not wait 2-3 years for Brees to retire.

Not sure where Bridgewater woulda got that opportunity to start right away. Don't think you exactly go out of your way to reject a trade to a loaded team where you can establish yourself as the potential replacement to their quite old QB. If Brees gets hurt and you get time you also can put up nice stats in that offense that'll position yourself well for free agency.

And the Saints are always all in

Raiders:

Giving $100M to top 3 defensive player in league - bad idea

Giving $100M to guy who hasn’t coached in ten years - good idea

Raiders:

Seriously.

Raiders:

One counts against the salary cap. The other is just owner's money.

Back