• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Yeah, who else is going to win the AFC East next year ? The Dolphins ? Psssssshhh . . .

I was thinking 4-8 was the proper range. Brady's and the team's lack of cooperation had to be the main reason it's 4 games and they lose a 1st round pick. Had he and they cooperated, I think it would have been only a game or 2 and a day 3 pick. But I'm sure the Pats did a cost/benefit analysis of what could have happened had there been more cooperation, and I'm guessing they made the smart choice.

I'm confused. If they had cooperated, the punishment would have been less, but they did a cost benefit analysis, chose not to cooperate, got nuked, and it was the smart choice?

I think they should have suspended Brady for 6 games after the precedent set with hardy. Hardy got 6 games for domestic violence and 4 for being uncooperative with the league. Brady should have gotten 2 for deliberately cheating and compromising the integrity of the game (again) and 4 for being uncooperative with the league.

I'm confused. If they had cooperated, the punishment would have been less, but they did a cost benefit analysis, chose not to cooperate, got nuked, and it was the smart choice?

Yeah, Brady must have had some incriminating emails/texts or else why not turn those over. And making McNally available again after they went through the texts/emails could have made what he had said earlier worse. We're not dealing with stupid people here with Belichick & Co. Maybe further cooperation could have ended up implicating Belichick and others. By not cooperating, they're limiting suspensions to Brady for a few games.

22, yeah, I think 6 was the right number, and 4 is on the low end of the acceptable spectrum.

Brady should have went did the Hillary - he are all of my emails that relate to deflate-gate. And oh by the way, since I was going through my email anyhow, I deleted 30k others.

Brady should have went did the Hillary - he are all of my emails that relate to deflate-gate. And oh by the way, since I was going through my email anyhow, I deleted 30k others.

Started drinking early this morning, I see.

This is true. And I hate the Pats. Doesn't change the fact that this is such a stupid controversy and that the Pats will still win the AFC East, probably the AFC, and possibly the Super Bowl.

Watch Garoppollo come out like a young Brady and Bledsoe Brady.

This is true. And I hate the Pats. Doesn't change the fact that this is such a stupid controversy and that the Pats will still win the AFC East, probably the AFC, and possibly the Super Bowl.

that's how I feel about this

Watch Garoppollo come out like a young Brady and Bledsoe Brady.

I also fully expect this to happen

Sorry. I meant to say that his contract will be valued between the respective contracts of the 2nd and 4th picks of the 1st round.

Fowler signed - 4 years, $23.5M; $15.3M signing bonus. His contract puts him ahead of the 4th overall pick from the 1st round and behind the 1st overall pick from the 1st round, The 2nd overall pick from the 1st round has not signed yet.

He even bought his mama a new car for mother's day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489937/article/2015-nfl-draft-firstround-signing-tracker

Goodell and Patriots doing a good job destroying each other/themselves over this. Here's an article showing how Goodell is overplaying his hand - basically giving jail time for a speeding violation.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-i...-out-of-control-and-ridiculous-200459796.html

The Bengals got a small fine for putting a sticky substance on the ball. I don't count the Falcons/Vikings game where both teams heated the balls due to cold weather - that's a one time thing in response to the elements. The Patriot penalty for the crime should have been closer to the Bengal penalty. Most of the punishment is for obstruction - Tom not letting them access (not possess his phone) his texts, and Patriots not providing employees for a second interview. However, the media is not portraying it that way. The recent poll showing fan support for the punishment is basically a referendum on shady Brady and the Pats.

But the remaining criticism of Goodell is he rules not by rule of law, but by PR, which is whimsical. He should not be getting caught up in media fueled events.

Goodell and Patriots doing a good job destroying each other/themselves over this. Here's an article showing how Goodell is overplaying his hand - basically giving jail time for a speeding violation.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-i...-out-of-control-and-ridiculous-200459796.html

The Bengals got a small fine for putting a sticky substance on the ball. I don't count the Falcons/Vikings game where both teams heated the balls due to cold weather - that's a one time thing in response to the elements. The Patriot penalty for the crime should have been closer to the Bengal penalty. Most of the punishment is for obstruction - Tom not letting them access (not possess his phone) his texts, and Patriots not providing employees for a second interview. However, the media is not portraying it that way. The recent poll showing fan support for the punishment is basically a referendum on shady Brady and the Pats.

But the remaining criticism of Goodell is he rules not by rule of law, but by PR, which is whimsical. He should not be getting caught up in media fueled events.
Chargers put a sticky substance on towels in 2012, did not cooperate with the NFL when asked, and were fined $20,000.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

i just can't stop lolling at the dude calling himself the deflator because he was trying to lose weight. when you start with shit like that, everyone is going to assume you are guilty as hell.

Back