• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Jameis is not even remotely close to cam's running ability though

Cam ran for 1500 Yds and 20 TDs in one season at auburn

Honestly, Jameis isn't really a mobile QB. He supposedly is like a football savant and just picks apart defenses with his brain, but that blows peoples minds and they can't handle that juxtaposed to him saying FSU is skrong so no one talks about it.

I don't like Jameis not because of the off the field stuff. His throwing motion is too long and he's too hesitant at times and doesn't read defenses very well. I like Mariota more, but I'm not really confident either will be a franchise QB.

If you only had tape to go on Winston is freaking amazing. What he does on the field screams a franchise QB.

I don't like Jameis not because of the off the field stuff. His throwing motion is too long and he's too hesitant at times and doesn't read defenses very well. I like Mariota more, but I'm not really confident either will be a franchise QB.

Like where does this come from? That's like Jameis' biggest strength.

wtf, jameis has a super high ceiling for rookie qbs, and he's super smart on the field. and he got into stanford out of hs. buncha haders.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's as good as Cam as a pro. Or if he became the 2nd coming of VY. He's got quite the high ceiling and low floor.

This is kind of where I fall on him. Even with all of the distractions off the field, I would take him over Mariotta if I were making the decision.

This is kind of where I fall on him. Even with all of the distractions off the field, I would take him over Mariotta if I were making the decision.

I'd take him over Mariotta unless I had a system designed for Mariotta and a ton of talent around him. I'd try hard to take neither.

You can tell he makes good decisions because this season he had 5 games out of 14 where he threw more TDs than INTs #eyetest

Just to be clear, people don't actually believe Jameis' ceiling is Cam, right? It's way, way higher.

To win in this league, we've seen you need to have either an elite QB or an elite DEF. I think (and hope) the Bucs take the chance on Jameis. Mariota is the safe play but will never be someone that leads you to a championship. He's an athlete that can get by, but I fear for what good defenses will do to him. Will Jameis be the guy that can lead you to a Super Bowl? I'm not sure but all signs point to him at least having the potential.

except Jameis is also the safe play, mariota might not be able to adapt to a pro offense and throw to non-open receivers.

Like where does this come from? That's like Jameis' biggest strength.
18 INTs in 14 college games. Some where he didn't even see the defender. You can disagree with me. It's fine.

Just to be clear, people don't actually believe Jameis' ceiling is Cam, right? It's way, way higher.

To win in this league, we've seen you need to have either an elite QB or an elite DEF. I think (and hope) the Bucs take the chance on Jameis. Mariota is the safe play but will never be someone that leads you to a championship. He's an athlete that can get by, but I fear for what good defenses will do to him. Will Jameis be the guy that can lead you to a Super Bowl? I'm not sure but all signs point to him at least having the potential.

-If-You-Say-So-GIF.gif

18 INTs in 14 college games. Some where he didn't even see the defender. You can disagree with me. It's fine.

And you can disagree with every scouting report ever published on the guy.

This is a joke, right? Cam's ceiling is Elway.

a lot of those were because of freshman wr's running the wrong route. also some because of 1st half point shaving. he only had 10 last year, did he get worse at reading the field over the offseason?

matt ryan had 19 int his sr year btw.

Back