• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Player John Urschel, Genius (NWT)

ONW

Reaction score
Not everyone in the NFL is busy beating up women. Interesting guy

"A mathematician by the name of John Urschel recently published a complex paper in the Journal of Computational Mathematics entitled, "A Cascadic Multigrid Algorithm for Computing the Fielder Vector of Graph Laplacians.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/23/john-urschel-math_n_6923190.html

Last edited:
Yeah, Trey Wingo almost had an orgasm when we drafted him last year in the 5th round. The story goes something like his mom noticing him doing problems in a calc book when he was in the 7th grade and went and got him tested. And he was teaching math at Penn St as a senior. He also had to start a couple games at C and at G due to injuries as a rookie and did just fine. I think he might beat out Zuttah at C this preseason.

Stanford football has 15 engineering majors? Impressive.

Heard this guy interviewed on NPR in the last day or so. Terrific role model for kids. Kudos!

Stanford football has 15 engineering majors? Impressive.

I have no idea how you can handle an engineering major's workload, play D1 football, and ever sleep. At Stanford no less.

The NFL's PR Department is dropping the ball on this one.

meh, if you're smart enough you can graduate with a couple hours of school work a week

I have no idea how you can handle an engineering major's workload, play D1 football, and ever sleep. At Stanford no less.

The NFL's PR Department is dropping the ball on this one.
It really would be nice to hear about the good guys every now and then. Tired of hearing about the scum.

Reactions: ONW
Remember when people were saying that Richard Sherman was such a genius because he had a 1350 on the SAT then it turns out he scored 1350 out of 2400.

Back