• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Playoffs Thread

I stated that I have always hated Gabbert ala his college days. He may or may not be a good pro, I just dont see him being a good one. As for Stafford, I have seen enough of his talents to realize he is a damn good qb. Sanchez has never impressed.

Where in my post did I mention Gabbert? I said rookies, referring to Newton & Dalton. I don't think you can conclude how good they are in terms of ranking if you can't rank guys who have been in the league for a few years.

Don't get me wrong, they are both really good. I just think the logic is off

Where in my post did I mention Gabbert? I said rookies, referring to Newton & Dalton. I don't think you can conclude how good they are in terms of ranking if you can't rank guys who have been in the league for a few years.

By bad I assumed you were talking about Gabbert. Those are my QB rankings. After what I have seen of Cam and Dalton, I feel pretty confident ranking them in the top half of NFL QB's.

My point was trying to prove that there are def more than 10 QB's in the NFL that can scare other defenses. If you look at my list, its pretty obvious that there are more than 10 very good QB's. As stated before those rankings could be altered by others but I would assume most people would agree that those 16 are most def in the top half of the NFL, give or take a few. If you would like to tell me what QBs not listed in that top 17 list do not belong , then go ahead.

Last edited:

Those guys in the league I do not believe are that good but in some cases like Sam Bradford, he has had a different Ocord in each of his first two years. He has played behind the worst Oline in the NFL. Sanchez in my opinion has done well in post season play but has had one of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL to work with. I do not think he has what it takes to be a top 10 qb, but he certainly has the skills to do what Alex Smith has done. Freeman looked so good 2 years ago and so pathetic this past year.

Dalton could fluctuate and maybe not has much success next year. I would 100% be fully shocked if Cam Newton is not as good as he was this year or even better. I think he is a stud in the making.

What is Smith's contract situation? Would you invest big money in him?

I think you have to. He signed a one year deal. So next year according to what I am reading is he will be getting a 2-3 year extension at 8-11 mill per season. After what has transpired this year, being that he is still only 27, I would.

He can't do better than a 2-3 extension? Didn't Cassel just get a $60+ deal?

Its obvious he doesn't have the quick release that Rodgers has, but this is a totally different game then what you saw this past weekend. Just because you dominated GB doesn't carry over to the next game for sure. Alex will have to play very well for SF to win but the difference between SF and most teams is that they get points or get set up for easy points by the other two facets of a football game.

But the defense also completely dominated the Jets, Cowboys, and Falcons in the successive weeks prior, all since Osi, Tuck, Boley, Blackburn, and Amukamara all finally came back healthy. Granted the 49es are playing better now than they did earlier, but this is a completely different defense than the one Smith faced earlier in the season. They also said fuck it and decided to put their starters (JPP, Rolle, Webster, etc) out on kick coverage a couple weeks ago, which has drastically improved the special teams. I think the key in this game is for Eli not to take many unnecessary chances that may give SF a short field.

The 49ers OL is also a little better than the one GB had out there on Sunday.

49-problems.jpg

I think you have to. He signed a one year deal. So next year according to what I am reading is he will be getting a 2-3 year extension at 8-11 mill per season. After what has transpired this year, being that he is still only 27, I would.

But who would give you any competition for him? He fits nice in SF's system, but would any other team honestly look at him as anything more than a one-year placeholder starter? In general, the teams with crappy QBs either just drafted the guy so are going to stick with him, or are hoping to draft a QB this year. He isn't enough of a sure thing outside of SF that anyone else would consider giving him serious money for anything over a year.

But who would give you any competition for him? He fits nice in SF's system, but would any other team honestly look at him as anything more than a one-year placeholder starter? In general, the teams with crappy QBs either just drafted the guy so are going to stick with him, or are hoping to draft a QB this year. He isn't enough of a sure thing outside of SF that anyone else would consider giving him serious money for anything over a year.

I think he'll be there until Kaepernick is ready to take over and if that doesn't happen by the end of Alex's next contract then they'll draft another QB..

Edited to add that I think they'll take few QB's in late rounds during Alex's contract but I don't see them using a top 3 round draft pick on a QB for a few years...

Yea fuck that shit. If someone told me to wear a Arian Foster jersey instead of Andre Johnson, and it cost us to lose the Ravens game, I'd be pissed too!

Girl has a right to be mad.

Yea fuck that shit. If someone told me to wear a Arian Foster jersey instead of Andre Johnson, and it cost us to lose the Ravens game, I'd be pissed too!

Girl has a right to be mad.

Yeah when your team is winning, you have to recreate the entire game watching environment at all times.

My gut says the Giants win the Super Bowl again. A rematch of the Giants v. Pats. I hope its right because I sure as hell don't want to watch a 49ers v. Ravens Super Bowl.

Back