• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 12 Thread

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score
Quick turnaround between the Monday night game and Thursday night game. Saints-Falcons tomorrow night, maybe the Falcons can steal one and Matty Ice Up Son Ryan can help about the Panthers.

Manning-Brady Bowl 25 on Sunday Night should be a good one.

Jets-Ravens, must win for the Jets if they want any chance at that 6th playoff spot in the AFC.

Seems the Virginia DMV has some investigating to do. What I'm wondering, though, is whether Washington fans are pissed one of them didn't get this plate first.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/11/19/insulting-rgiii-license-plate-being-reviewed-by-virginia-dmv/?tid=pm_pop

FRG3plate.jpg

Indianapolis-Arizona surprisingly has serious playoff implications.

The Cards have a tough road ahead. And they'll probably have to beat the Niners to even up the tiebreaker. They need the Panthers to lose a few even more than the Niners because they have a tiebreaker over us.

Yeah Cardinals have a good D. I think Cardinals, Chiefs, Panthers (in some order) are the best three in the NFL.

Panthers opened as a -4.5 favorite over Miami on the road, meaning they would be around a 10 point favorite at home. Carolina will likely be favored in 5 of the remaining 6 games (probably around a 3 or 4 point dog at New Orleans). On a neutral field I believe the only teams that would be favored over the Panthers are Seattle and Denver. I think NO would be a toss up.

Yeah Cardinals have a good D. I think Cardinals, Chiefs, Panthers (in some order) are the best three in the NFL.

Panthers opened as a -4.5 favorite over Miami on the road, meaning they would be around a 10 point favorite at home. Carolina will likely be favored in 5 of the remaining 6 games (probably around a 3 or 4 point dog at New Orleans). On a neutral field I believe the only teams that would be favored over the Panthers are Seattle and Denver. I think NO would be a toss up.

Chiefs
Panthers

Cardinals (not a knock on them at all, but the KC and Car defenses are just filthy)

Cardinals defense made us (panthers) look like dogshit

cardinals defense outplayed carolina's in the game against each other. might be a different story if they played today though.

that game was the last known sighting of Ron Rivera, who was all

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Strangely enough, RIVERBOAT RON showed up for the flight back to charlotte.

that was also that last game before we rectified the curse of armanti edwards

the nfc east is a mess. the cowboys/giants game will be interesting to see if the giants really can make a comeback in that division.

Seems everyone is sleeping on the 49ers defense, who have given up less points than any of those 3 over the past 8 weeks.

the nfc east is a mess. the cowboys/giants game will be interesting to see if the giants really can make a comeback in that division.

Tough to tell how legit the Giants are after facing 4 rookie(ish) QBs over their win streak.

Seems everyone is sleeping on the 49ers defense, who have given up less points than any of those 3 over the past 8 weeks.

Yeah, those pesky first 3 weeks of the season when they gave up 28, 29, and 27 points should just be stricken from the record, right? :)

I understand you being slighted by being placed behind the Cardinals D in the pecking order, but no objective observer would say that the 49ers have a better defense than Kansas City or Carolina. They had an impressive performance vs. the Saints on the road last week (and probably should have won if not for a questionable roughing call), but let's see if they can back that up vs. the Redskins (semi-decent offense) and in the rematch vs. the Seahawks in a few weeks.

The Rams and pre-injury Bengals belong in the top defense conversation also. The NFC West just has some nasty, physical defenses.

Back