• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

It might turn out that Tony D is going to be a fruitful signing after all.....just gonna take all season for it to manifest. That said, I'd much rather us go with Pesce...I hate seeing us automatically give PP1 over to Tony rather than Burnsy.

Also, I didn't pay attention to the lines on Saturday, but did Rod start Guentzel/Aho/Svech? Or did he go with Guentzel/Aho/Jarvis...the line that was ON FIRE at the end of the season?

Really irked me that he switched it up for tonight....IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.....then again.....5-3 lol

Guentzel is taking to Aho like he did with Sid the Kid. I hope to god he stays with us after this season. I think that should be one of the top priorities. He's proven he is a literal game changer. We need that. Imagine if we had him all year....we'd probably have broken Boston's points record from last season!
Svech on line 1, Jarvis with Staal/Martinook. Switching things up in part due to Fast's injury. Re: TDA and PP1, surely he won't turn that over to TDA in place of Burns at this point, right?... Pesce is waaay superior to TDA defensively. Hope he's not seriously hurt - that would be impactful. Then again, maybe TDA plays balls out in a positive way as an audition for next year.

What a great game in Raleigh and a fantastic atmosphere.

If you replay that game 100 times, the Canes win the vast majority of them with very little drama (the shooting statistics were insanely tilted). I don't think you could replicate that electricity, though.

Send my regards to Guentzel for hitting the empty net a little too enthusiastically
:ROFLMAO:
If Nelson wouldn't have slashed him 3 times, hard as hell, he probably would have just slid the puck in. But then to get butt hurt afterwards was just icing on the cake. And Aho flying in to ragdoll Cizikis was awesome.

I wonder if this AM guy is tired of winning?

“I have not witnessed a group more committed to doing things the wrong way and failing to develop any sort of meaningful support in the political community, business community and with the influential stakeholders they need to make this happen,” said David Leibowitz, a former communications consultant for the Coyotes who worked with three different owners, including Meruelo.

Said Keating: "I have zero faith they will be able to pull that off. The fact that he couldn’t build an arena when he had a team. Who’s going to build it now?” He added: “No one wants to do business with this guy. Why would you?”

Damn that's a big dropoff as far as talent defensively goes. Need TDA to at least spearhead some assists to make up for it!

The NHL bracket site has terrible UI. Why do they duplicate your submission and pin it to the top? Why do they only use 33% of the screen to show 4 entrants at a time?

Anyone have Bettman's e-mail?

For some reason for me, on Chrome, any time I try to view the league's standings to see who everyone picked, the screen blanks out to a white page. It does the same thing on FanDuel unless I'm in incognito mode. But I don't have any extensions enabled, so I have no idea what's going on.

So I have to go and login on Edge to see the standings. It was the same last year, I couldn't access some part of the site.

The Stars are toast. How disappointing. 4 goals in the first 16 minutes of G1, and then they come out with no fire in a must-win G2.

Just like one of my Final Four picks gets taken out in the first weekend every year, I have Dallas over Carolina in the Finals :(

Peter DeBoer is kinda mid, def question if the Stars will ever get to the promised land with him at he helm

Back