• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita is One Tough SOB

With a name like Nikita you have to be a bad ass. How often do you hear "Nikita, will you arrange these flowers for me" or "Nikita, will you give my hair some color". NEVER. "Nikita, please don't kill me" or "Nikita, please take the pliers off my balls". Much more realistic.

with a blow like that, I'm wondering if a mouth guard would have helped much...

that said, I am a NM fan. He's a Deac, right? :)

He is obviously one tough motha for ya...

Funny, but Nikita is not Russian. Also, he has to learn to ALWAYS accept the pain pill prescription, if only for his friends.

For some reason Belarusians really hate it when you call them Russians.........

At the time it looked more like a mouth/teeth thing than a nose thing. I know they hate to wear mouthguards but that's about all the protection they have under this sort of collision. Ouch! Poor guy!

Knocked his two front teeth back at a 45 degree angle. Had a wire inserted that night to hold them in place. More extensive work was done yesterday upon return to W-S. It is my understanding that he was not wearing a mouth guard.

Maybe if we give the refs some of those fake tooth dental paperweights with his picture on it, we'll get a call.

Nikita has improved a lot in the last year. I like that he always provides several good photo ops each game. We need his size, hustle and toughness. I hope he's OK to go on Saturday.

Nikita-Mescheriakov-drive-and-L.jpg

Nikita has improved a lot in the last year. I like that he always provides several good photo ops each game. We need his size, hustle and toughness. I hope he's OK to go on Saturday.

Nikita-Mescheriakov-drive-and-L.jpg

Absolutely. We need him badly.

Is he gonna wear a Hannibal Lecter mask a la JGray? A guy named Nikita just needs to wear a.mask like that.

Is he gonna wear a Hannibal Lecter mask a la JGray? A guy named Nikita just needs to wear a.mask like that.

If he does, he so needs to hiss anytime some one tries to post up near him.

We all saw the inadvertent elbow to the face he got the other night during the MD game. Even after the injury, he continued to play on.

I've heard that he had surgery yesterday to fix the damage, but still practiced and went to class afterwards. Regardless, he's all kinds of sore (rightfully so) but doesnt want to take any pain meds because he doesnt want anything that could hinder his performance.

I know in the past, he's been under fire from some, but I'm digging the determination to play through the pain as to not let his teammates down.

class doesn't start till weds.

He's one of my favorites though primarily because of a encounter i've told in previous posts.

Last edited:
Wow. I guess they only replayed it in slow motion but it didn't look to me like the kind of blow that could knock your teeth backwards.

He was born a Russian though, right? Splitting hairs...

My resolution for 2012 is to rely on my memory and not the internet, so I might be wrong, but I believe that no country suffered more in the period of 1922 to 1947 than Belarus, under Russian/German/Russian dominance. 2/3's of its population was starved, otherwised murder or forcibly relocated. I guess calling a resident of Belarus a Russian is probably akin to calling a resident of Bangladesh and Indian.

All props to Nikita for his toughness, but dude, take some OTC anti-inflammatories. Also, please make your layups.

And this is the guy the BZD said wouldn't see much significant playing time at WF.

Back