• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita Whitlock Named Bednarik Award Semifinalist

Well deserved honor. Of all the "hidden gems" recruited under Grobe, he is probably the biggest find. Obviously had great numbers in HS, but there was NO ONE who saw him as a productive NT at this level. The staff obviously did, and they were right. Great player and a good metaphor for what is great about Wake Forest.

Don't fuck with me.

9258076.jpeg

I would bet money he is on some godforsaken ridge in Afghanistan in 18 months.

Actually our staff didn't either - remember they tried to make him a linebacker for his first two seasons...

Well deserved honor. Of all the "hidden gems" recruited under Grobe, he is probably the biggest find. Obviously had great numbers in HS, but there was NO ONE who saw him as a productive NT at this level. The staff obviously did, and they were right. Great player and a good metaphor for what is great about Wake Forest.

Very surprised Nikita didn't have other FBS offers. I agree with our staff that when you have the chance to snag the Texas 5A defensive player of the year, you take him and find a place for him to play.

Nikita redshirted right? I think the staff did have him at LB for awhile, before they realized that his value was on the DL. He never played LB in a game, however.

I really want to see him get a shot in the NFL but I really doubt any team would draft him as a DT/NG. Whitlock has made a career out of kicking doubt in the ass but if "the man" doesn't give you a chance...

Slot receiver for the Pats. He is a tad undersized but he has good athleticism and toughness and he understands the game.
I'm assuming this is a joke, but I never know with this poster.

Back