• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita's Amazing Shot Last Night

i got home from work. turned on the game. saw the score. saw that shot. turned off the tv and went into my room.

Or Mike Drum hitting the side of the backboard with a 3.

Which also happened last night. From Nikita, no?

I love our players and feel for them. He looked down on himself last night.

I don't think I've ever seen so much energy matched with so little tact or finesse. So Nikita's essentially a 9th grader. But very foreign. And inexplicably on our basketball team.

Here's Brendan Fraser doing a reenactment. This will have to do until a gif magically appears for Nikita's thing.

1264591971_brendan_frase_clap.gif

Dino taking Nikita as a transfer is a move that will always baffle me.

We seemed so desperate for a shooter back then that we were taking all kinds of garbage. Nikita.... Konner Tucker.... ugh.

Can you imagine if he pulled that shit on a Bobby Knight team?

Knight would raise hell. But, if Bzd did that, our fans would say he's "throwing Nikita under the bus."

It's sad, but true.

Knight would raise hell. But, if Bzd did that, our fans would say he's "throwing Nikita under the bus."

It's sad, but true.

Probably, but I would actually have a little respect for the guy if he'd yank guys for plays like that... get in their grill and send them to the end of the bench. Play the walk-ons... does it really matter? I remember Knight losing a game benching his starting five. No matter, they got better.

The thing is... I think we all want to see a guy who is in total control of his team even if they are undermanned. I think everyone mailed it in midway through the first half. We'll see what they do against Clemson.

It's sad, but true.

Knight actually has some credibility when it comes to coaching.

I've actually grown kind of fond for Nikita in this ACC season. While he has the coordination of a new born giraffe, he plays his ass off every game, and most of the time (inexplicably), he is the only one willing to take hard shots (and hit the side of the backboard) whereas the rest of the team is content with shot clock violations.

Hey Nikita is it cold
In your little corner of the world
You could roll around the globe
And never find a warmer soul to know

Oh I saw you by the wall
Ten of your tin soldiers in a row
With eyes that looked like ice on fire
The human heart a captive in the snow

[Chorus]
Oh Nikita you will never know, anything about my home
I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
Nikita I need you so
Oh Nikita is the other side of any given line in time
Counting ten tin soldiers in a row
Oh no, Nikita you'll never know

Do you ever dream of me
Do you ever see the letters that I write
When you look up through the wire
Nikita do you count the stars at night

And if there comes a time
Guns and gates no longer hold you in
And if you're free to make a choice
Just look towards the west and find a friend

Dino taking Nikita as a transfer is a move that will always baffle me.

We seemed so desperate for a shooter back then that we were taking all kinds of garbage. Nikita.... Konner Tucker.... ugh.

Tucker was a desperation move because Dino didn't expect Teague (pretty much our only good shooter on the 08-09 team) to leave until too late to recruit someone legit, although he had just decommitted from Kentucky or some such (mind you, he committed to Gillespie, not Callipari).

Nikita, well, I don't really get it other than we didn't really have much depth at power forward and had a scholarship that we wouldn't want to use for the class of 2010 (and would still have 3 open for 2011).

I know he's not a first team All-ACC type, but can you imagine how bad this team would be without Nikita?

I know he's not a first team All-ACC type, but can you imagine how bad this team would be without Nikita?

No kidding.

This would be our starting line-up:

TC
CJ
Chase
McKie
Walker

As bad as our defense is now, I can hardly even imagine what it would look like with Chase guarding small forwards and McKie guarding power forwards for 30+ minutes a game.

No kidding.

This would be our starting line-up:

TC
CJ
Chase
McKie
Walker

As bad as our defense is now, I can hardly even imagine what it would look like with Chase guarding small forwards and McKie guarding power forwards for 30+ minutes a game.

Well, we probably would have found some stiff to take his place and that stiff would probably be a sophomore now and he would definitely be worse than Nikita.

Tucker was a desperation move because Dino didn't expect Teague (pretty much our only good shooter on the 08-09 team) to leave until too late to recruit someone legit, although he had just decommitted from Kentucky or some such (mind you, he committed to Gillespie, not Callipari).

Nikita, well, I don't really get it other than we didn't really have much depth at power forward and had a scholarship that we wouldn't want to use for the class of 2010 (and would still have 3 open for 2011).

Personnel wise, it was just a perfect shit storm. Harvey Hale never improved after his sophomore year. Neither LD or Ish ever developed a dependable jump shot. G$ could have played immediately in 07, but for some reason, he didn't contribute until senior year. The only dependable shooters Dino had were the players who went to the NBA. Dino definitely addressed the issue in recruiting, with CJ, Ari, JTT, and even Carson. I just wish he could have recruited a decent PG after Jeff.

I've actually grown kind of fond for Nikita in this ACC season. While he has the coordination of a new born giraffe, he plays his ass off every game, and most of the time (inexplicably), he is the only one willing to take hard shots (and hit the side of the backboard) whereas the rest of the team is content with shot clock violations.

i agree with you completely. he really tries, but just can't pull it (it being coordinated basketball moves) off.

Back