• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

why the fuck is the transfer portal now open? seems like a massive disadvantage to teams still playing since they can't focus on the games, not to mention any distractions from players entering it.
The NCAA figured if your season is already over you need the head start.

Why is it technically a neutral court when the higher seeded team has always hosted the first three rounds?

Yeah, I don't get this. The reward is a home game for being the #1 seed. And then we are forced to invite their damn band!?!?

Hey guys, we EARNED this #1 seed in the NIT, so we should get all of the spoils and luxuries that come with achieving that lofty goal.

What's worse about hosting App for me is that my brother is a Walmart tarhole fan and now a Walmart App fan since his daughter cheers for App.

Deacs better curb stomp App tonight or I'll never hear the end of it.

What's worse about hosting App for me is that my brother is a Walmart tarhole fan and now a Walmart App fan since his daughter cheers for App.

Deacs better curb stomp App tonight or I'll never hear the end of it.
App has really obnoxious fans. I know a lot of app grads who swear they could win the ACC most years in football. They’re stupid. Beating one P5 team every few years isn’t the same as playing a full conference schedule

App has really obnoxious fans. I know a lot of app grads who swear they could win the ACC most years in football. They’re stupid. Beating one P5 team every few years isn’t the same as playing a full conference schedule

Five years from now they'll probably be a perennial ACC powerhouse.

No- still on vacation but I’m shocked to see PC lost. The local media acted like they were robbed of an NCAA spot.

Big East POY Devin Carter didn’t play due to a mild ankle injury. He would have almost certainly played in the NCAAs, so hard to read too much into that.

FWIW, anyone know who the top rated NBA draft prospect is in college basketball this year?

Cody Williams 6-8 guard for Colorado. While he's been hurt for much of the season, Williams is averaging 13 ppg and 3 rpg for the Buffs. You can watch him against Boise tonight. His brother Jalen Williams is a big reason why the OKC Thunder may the #1 seed in the WC for the NBA playoffs.

[Redacted] will be by to claim credit for this recruit.

I agree and I would know. I have two degrees from App. The fans are some of the worst, especially because they grew up unc or state fans and never renounced it. They embarrass me, and make me want Wake to beat them all the more.

If there was any doubt about how many App fans there’s gonna be tonight, this email was just pushed out to students from the ticketing app—

Our note today comes with a message reminding you that the privilege of hosting postseason contests comes with an expectation of excellent sportsmanship and treating our guests - the student-athletes, coaches, band, spirit squad, and fans of our opponent - with the utmost dignity and respect. With a large contingent of Appalachian State fans expected to be in attendance, we remind you to embrace our sportsmanship code;
  • Always conduct yourself in a manner that represents Wake Forest University and our community with honor, dignity, and respect.
  • Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship.
  • My personal conduct will be above reproach.
  • I will make a positive impact on those around me.

Wanna know why we're in the NIT ? We lost to Va Tech, Georgia, Utah, and LSU, and they're all in the NIT with lower seeds than ours. Could be a great revenge tour though !
lol it’s the “Why We’re In the NIT” NIT.

Ha and someone of yall made it seem like I was overreacting when I said there would be a large App contingent tonight

If there was any doubt about how many App fans there’s gonna be tonight, this email was just pushed out to students from the ticketing app—

Our note today comes with a message reminding you that the privilege of hosting postseason contests comes with an expectation of excellent sportsmanship and treating our guests - the student-athletes, coaches, band, spirit squad, and fans of our opponent - with the utmost dignity and respect. With a large contingent of Appalachian State fans expected to be in attendance, we remind you to embrace our sportsmanship code;
  • Always conduct yourself in a manner that represents Wake Forest University and our community with honor, dignity, and respect.
  • Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship.
  • My personal conduct will be above reproach.
  • I will make a positive impact on those around me.
Yeah I don't think any of this is likely to happen. Should be a wild environment

Back