• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

$100K per seat to remove and replace? I’m in the wrong business. Or did they do a bunch of other work too? $110M to remove and replace seats is wild.

At $100K a seat, hire the basketball and football teams to do it and NIL two birds with one stone.

How would Sallis get hurt after the game/lower leg?

• court storming incident and someone bumped into him?
  • he slipped on some water?
  • he did a chest bump and landed wrong?
  • his shoe got stuck and he twisted his knee?
  • Nancy Kerrigan moment?

I'll try to describe further what I saw last night. I was sitting behind the basket near the tunnel and just happened to be watching Sallis as he walked off the court heading into the tunnel. He either tripped or stepped on something right behind by the basket and maybe turned his ankle or buckled his knee - he started hopping on one foot and put his arm on the shoulder of one of his teammates. He definitely was in some degree of pain as he had a grimace on his face. The whole thing lasted maybe 5 seconds before he was out of sight in the tunnel so that is all I saw. It could be a real injury or it could be one of those ankle turns that feels better 2 minutes later.
The really weird thing is that a couple of seconds later Efton Reid got his foot tangled in one of the TV cords behind the basket and he almost tripped too but he caught himself and got the cord off of his foot. It was a a very strange 10 seconds that just happened to occur right in front of me.

The announcers said that the officials would review the goaltending calls during breaks. It seems strange they could reverse a goaltending call later in the game.

Once the whistle is blown, the play is called dead, which kills action and possession goes to the defending team. If the offensive team got the ball or was going to get the ball after the block/goaltending, then they would get screwed out of an offensive possession if the goaltending is later reversed.

It seems really stupid that they wouldn't just immediately review it or not review it at all.

So, his obvious shortcomings shouldn't be improved upon? How can anyone argue that he too frequently makes poor decisions and refuses to give the ball up when he should? How many times have we seen him have a stretch like against App against Power 5 opponents vs. how poor decisions he makes with ball and it results in a turnover, blocked shot or missed poor shot? Yeah, he's tough, he plays hard on defense and I really don't wish he'd leave, but he also has that glaring weakness that has been readily discussed on this board. Again, I probably blame coaching more than I do him, Forbes should coach him up on making better decisions and then hold him to improving it.
did you catch the part of the game where Forbes took Cam out of the game for a bad pass, right after he had scored those three straight buckets?

it’s happening in front of your eyes, just have to watch

no mention of playing through a wrist injury which, with our bench situation, would have been devastating if he’d opted for surgery. No mention of him being our best defender. I mean come on. The Cam hate this year has been way out of line imo.

I'll try to describe further what I saw last night. I was sitting behind the basket near the tunnel and just happened to be watching Sallis as he walked off the court heading into the tunnel. He either tripped or stepped on something right behind by the basket and maybe turned his ankle or buckled his knee - he started hopping on one foot and put his arm on the shoulder of one of his teammates. He definitely was in some degree of pain as he had a grimace on his face. The whole thing lasted maybe 5 seconds before he was out of sight in the tunnel so that is all I saw. It could be a real injury or it could be one of those ankle turns that feels better 2 minutes later.
The really weird thing is that a couple of seconds later Efton Reid got his foot tangled in one of the TV cords behind the basket and he almost tripped too but he caught himself and got the cord off of his foot. It was a a very strange 10 seconds that just happened to occur right in front of me.
Pretty WF situation. Like when Dortch ended his season because of a foam pylon.

I’m not saying that adults should choose the $15 children’s rate when they are purchasing Wake Forest NIT tickets, but I am saying that the tickets are absolutely identical in your Apple wallet, and there is zero chance that the ticket scanners are going to be checking that.

did you catch the part of the game where Forbes took Cam out of the game for a bad pass, right after he had scored those three straight buckets?

it’s happening in front of your eyes, just have to watch

no mention of playing through a wrist injury which, with our bench situation, would have been devastating if he’d opted for surgery. No mention of him being our best defender. I mean come on. The Cam hate this year has been way out of line imo.
"Yeah, he's tough, he plays hard on defense"

Back