• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

I think going all in, hard, on hoops would have been a great idea 20 or more years ago. I don’t think that should be a controversial opinion.
I would have been happy with just, say, not actively decimating hoops by doubling down on demonstrably idiotic hires.

I think going all in, hard, on hoops would have been a great idea 20 or more years ago. I don’t think that should be a controversial opinion.
If we did that we wouldn’t have deacon tower, we wouldn’t have Clawson, wouldn’t have our on campus practice facility and new weight rooms, wouldnt have the pitching lab. People like those things.

I would have been happy with just, say, not actively decimating hoops by doubling down on demonstrably idiotic hires.
That would have also helped, a lot. [Redacted] was an objectively awful hire. Manning was “fine” under the circumstances, though I would not have hired him. I would have taken a bigger swing and if you miss, okay. Would we have been worse off? No.

If we did that we wouldn’t have deacon tower, we wouldn’t have Clawson, wouldn’t have our on campus practice facility and new weight rooms, wouldnt have the pitching lab. People like those things.
We can have more than one nice thing. But hoops, imo, has better ROI for schools like Wake.

Encapsulating moment to me was near the end of the game when the App State idiot coach freaked the fuck out on the Boopie out-of-bounds dribble in the backcourt - replay shows their defender clearly putting both hands on Boopie and pushing him, with a ref right on top of it who immediately called the 2 hands on the offensive player which is a clear and obvious call. Not only that, but coming at a time when they were playing overly aggressive and didn't mind fouling.

Just such a classic case of someone looking for any opportunity to be a victim. Very Filipowski-esque. Maybe he should try for an assistant coaching position under Scheyer. He's got the bitching and moaning part down.

I don't even know what this means in response to my comment.

I truly don't. Settle down. I've been where you are (many times). Just close the screen.

Very weird after game comments from a dude looking to move up the coaching ladder. Coaching profession is very tight nit and I can't imagine shitting on other schools post game is a good look. Even k didn't do that shit

4PM Sunday?!?! ugh worst time for me as the kid has soccer then and I really wanted to take her

SON OF A BITCH! hahahaha.

Encapsulating moment to me was near the end of the game when the App State idiot coach freaked the fuck out on the Boopie out-of-bounds dribble in the backcourt - replay shows their defender clearly putting both hands on Boopie and pushing him, with a ref right on top of it who immediately called the 2 hands on the offensive player which is a clear and obvious call. Not only that, but coming at a time when they were playing overly aggressive and didn't mind fouling.

Just such a classic case of someone looking for any opportunity to be a victim. Very Filipowski-esque. Maybe he should try for an assistant coaching position under Scheyer. He's got the bitching and moaning part down.
It’s funny because he was damn near on the court so where was Boopie supposed to go?

Very weird after game comments from a dude looking to move up the coaching ladder. Coaching profession is very tight nit and I can't imagine shitting on other schools post game is a good look. Even k didn't do that shit
He looked like a fool from tip to buzzer, but correct me if I’m wrong aren’t his comments about the refs? He is saying the refs obviously aren’t any good and thus why they aren’t reffing in the NCAAT.

It also assumes Bob McCreary, David Couch and other non-basketball donors would be willing to put up money for a basketball arena. Simply as a function of our size, our pool of truly big pocket donors just isn’t that big.

Also, I fucking LOVE the shit talk about "there's a reason they're in the NIT" when they just knocked YOUR TEAM out of the NIT. THE TEAM YOU FUCKING COACH. Out of the NIT. Like, holy shit. Is this dude for fucking real? What an assclown.

Who knows -- maybe that reason was just to infuriate you to the point where you act like a petulant child? If so, well played, NCAA Selection Committee. Well played, indeed.
I thought the “ they” he referred to being in the NIT and not the NCAA’s was the officials, not Wake’s basketball team. Could be wrong, though that would make more sense when focusing on the foul discrepancy.

He looked like a fool from tip to buzzer, but correct me if I’m wrong aren’t his comments about the refs? He is saying the refs obviously aren’t any good and thus why they aren’t reffing in the NCAAT.
Oh good point I thought he was talking about Wake

It also assumes Bob McCreary, David Couch and other non-basketball donors would be willing to put up money for a basketball arena. Simply as a function of our size, our pool of truly big pocket donors just isn’t that big.
But we didn’t need that much money 30 or more years ago. The longer we waited, the more expensive it got.

I thought the App coach acted like a whiny little bitch too

Back