• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NO EASY DAY

Love and War are easily the two most written about topics. Furthermore, society has been romanticizing warriors and men who fight in war since the beginning of time. If anything, the exact opposite of what BKF is talking about is going on right now. In my opinion, society is moving further and further away towards "glamorizing" war.

So, in sum, BKF made a completely absurd comment that had nothing to do with the topic of this thread just to find a back door way to bash Bush. Or, in other words, BKF made a post.

I have always sensed that the outrage over this stems from him trying to make a buck off Bin Laden (at the expense of his fellow SEALS) and talking about shit he just shouldn't be talking about.

Certainly that's part of it, but having read every word he doesn't spend much time auto-gratifying. He's donating the money to various charities and the book itself is actually pretty light on specifics. I think it was "pitched" as a stick-in-the-admin's-eye (it wasn't at all) and/or a sell-out (not really). Mainly, it was a memoir about life as a SEAL (and certainly not the first).

Back