• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No More Days The Journey is Over #0 Teague/Ellis

You shouldn't feel bad then, particularly given the situation. Clear your conscience!

Back on the old board, OldGoldBeard and I were members of the Big E fan club when like 90% of posters were shitting all over him during his freshman/sophomore year. Dude was a beast.

It's too bad he and JGray didn't get to play with someone like Tyrese Rice during their senior year. That team still would've been sieve-like defensively, but elite offensively.

#30's have often had a tough road @ WF.

Alvis Rogers & Tony Rutland both suffered injuries that limited their WF careers. I believe Tom Wise missed a few games with a broken nose. Travis McKie has been stricken w/ Bzdelikancer for 4 years.

940x.jpg

Travis McKie

rutland_tony.gif

Tony Rutland

dr_thomas_wise.jpg

Dr Tom Wise

Unfortunately I could not find a pic of Alvis Rogers.

The final #30 I will mention has perhaps the greatest name and quote ever......Phaethon Bolton, a walk on in 2010 once uttered “If you’re light-skinned and you’re pregnant, call me”.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/mens-tournament/blog/tag/old-dominion/

Year
Games
MPG
PPG
APG
RPG
SPG
BPG
TPG
FG%
FT%
3P%
1978 - 1979
1979 - 1980
1980 - 1981
1981 - 1982
1982 - 1983
Career

Couldn't find a good Alvis pic either. Here are his stats. Unfortunately yet another Deacon whose numbers peaked So. year. AFA and CP3 knew what the hell they were doing!

Can still see #22 and #30 walking to the locker room together after OK State. Will never forget that moment. Lucky bank shot...baseline 3 pointer halfway down and out...Chill playing with one arm...more painful than WVU in many ways.

Can still see #22 and #30 walking to the locker room together after OK State. Will never forget that moment. Lucky bank shot...baseline 3 pointer halfway down and out...Chill playing with one arm...more painful than WVU in many ways.

A buddy of mine secured Final Four tickets and I bought plane tickets to Portland (Seattle was impossible to fly in to) 5 hours earlier. Yep, more painful to me. At least I got to see unc-ch lose at the Kingdome.

easily more painful to me. will never forget chill dribbling the ball off his leg to basically end it.

easily more painful to me. will never forget chill dribbling the ball off his leg to basically end it.

Definitely the most heartbreaking loss for those of us old enough to remember it. I was sitting under our second-half basket, having driven up from NC to see the game. Chill had the flu or something. We all knew that was our chance to be in the Final 4 - it should have happened! When else are we going to have players like Chill and Duncan together?
You know it was heartbreaking when I still remember the name of the obscure freshman (Skaer) for OkSt that banked in the luckiest 3-pointer ever to pad their lead in the second half... Ugh!

WVU is second, for sure...

the meadowlands has not been kind to the deacs...that '95 team had all the pieces for a final 4 run. that was the world's worst ride back into the city that night...followed by an all-out drunken binge the next day.

Wow, we're within a MONTH of new basketball. This is exciting!

Jason fucking skaer. Ugh. I will hate him until the day he dies.

29 Days. Pretty slim pickins on #29 but let's give a shout out to corner Kerry Major who probably could have guarded better than our bunch last night. This will be over soon.

95 was devastating. I remember sitting in a daze the entire Tulsa- Umass game not uttering a word.

i drank and smoked weed until i threw up and passed out

Back