• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No More Days The Journey is Over #0 Teague/Ellis

To clarify, the celebration in now 60 days will be that we no longer have to watch it anymore. The official change may come a few days later but it will mercifully be over.

And this will be the elusive "rock bottom".

So if posters here were talking about celebrating the end with a tailgate, I wonder on the flip side what form the mourning/outrage would take in the event of such an extension? Interesting to ponder. Something would certainly happen that would make national sports news...

Eammon Brennan & Andy Katz would likely be on the scene.

To clarify, the celebration in now 60 days will be that we no longer have to watch it anymore. The official change may come a few days later but it will mercifully be over.

i like this guy

I'd like this to be true, but something in my gut tells me he'll get enough Signature Wins to stick around a bit longer ... He just doesn't act like a guy who's on the hot seat. He seems troublingly calm & secure in his comments and demeanor.

I'd like this to be true, but something in my gut tells me he'll get enough Signature Wins to stick around a bit longer ... He just doesn't act like a guy who's on the hot seat. He seems troublingly calm & secure in his comments and demeanor.

It's well established that [Redacted] is not socially normal. The calmness and security is probably just some different response he has to this given social situation. As other's have postulated he may have some mild form of Aspergers.

He is gone in a couple of months. The response to Wake Will hasn't been close to what the administration had hoped so far. Most of the signs point to [Redacted] and the generalized apathy he has created among alumni towards all things Wake Forest. While Hatch and the trustees were willing to give Ron some time as this pertained to just basketball or athletics, they can't have [Redacted] negatively affecting such a large school wide project that has direct connections to academics and reputation.

Could be interpreted as him knowing he's a goner, knowing that this team isn't good enough, just as many of us knew would be the case early last season.

Yes, the inception of Wake Will could be what the #Bzout movement needed. Like Ph said, I'm surprised that they started a campaign under this obvious cloud of complacency and disappointment among alumni. Probably because they only figured it was the fringe.

The campaign has been planned for several years. The silent phase of Wake Will started over two years ago. Collegiate capital campaigns never have anything to do with athletics when it comes to timing.

The campaign has been planned for several years. The silent phase of Wake Will started over two years ago. Collegiate capital campaigns never have anything to do with athletics when it comes to timing.

True, but people don't give to causes they don't feel proud to associate themselves with.

Which is exactly why keeping him on for four years, when they knew the quiet period would be ending and the real thing would be gaining exposure and momentum, is completely illogical.

The development office may not plan fundraising campaigns around the timing of athletic strategies. But the athletic department can certainly plan athletic strategies around fundraising campaigns.

61 Days

Exactly, DeacDaddy. Well said.

The bigger question than timing is why would people trust Wake with their hard earned money when the powers that be have made so many obvious mistakes with regard to the most public face of the university.

Last edited:
"59 Days left... A Reflection for this Day"

With 59 days remaining in the wilderness, it seems a good time to reflect on this long 4 year journey. Most of us have been through the stages of grief...denial(some still there), anger, apathy, etc. This journey has led to crying out through ads and billboards, retreating from the misery by avoiding the Joel, not offering our gifts and many other forms of coping. Since we are nearing the end, I invite you to join me in quiet prayers and supplication. Our prayers of Thanksgiving will be offered soon and we can rejoice in the light of a new day.

Well, saying goodbye to Bzzz would certainly be as close to a religious experience as I've had lately!

So as soon as he is officially released will the quad be rolled? I hope so. I don't want it to wait until a new coach is hired, as it could be misinterpreted that we are merely celebrating the new coach. I want it painfully clear that we are celebrating that this loser got canned.

So as soon as he is officially released will the quad be rolled? I hope so. I don't want it to wait until a new coach is hired, as it could be misinterpreted that we are merely celebrating the new coach. I want it painfully clear that we are celebrating that this loser got canned.

Absolutely.

Back