• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No size + no shooters

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
UNC has 7 players listed at 6'9" or taller. WFU has 2: Washington and Green( Thomas is NOT 6'9"). We have way too many wing players, but it might be ok if they could shoot . WFU shot 3-14 from beyond the arc against lowly Colgate. By contrast, Duke hit 13 of 21 against Davidson. Wake Forest is too small to shoot so poorly ( foul shooting is abysmal too). This is going to be another long season, maybe worse than last year. Thank goodness we have Coron for one year. He appears to be the only player on the team who can really stroke it. Great recruiting, Buzz.

Well, if we had the kid from Canada we could have eleven wing players and win games even with Bz at the helm.

Hey, give Bzz credit ... in some parallel universe it makes for an ideal basketball roster

You freaking guys are too funny if you don't like what u see stop coming to games ... You don't have to support players or coaches! So critical of kids trying and I can guarantee none of your morons played sports at all!

You freaking guys are too funny if you don't like what u see stop coming to games ... You don't have to support players or coaches! So critical of kids trying and I can guarantee none of your morons played sports at all!

^^^^^

We definitely don't support the coaches. Which player is your boy?

UNC has 7 players listed at 6'9" or taller. WFU has 2: Washington and Green( Thomas is NOT 6'9"). We have way too many wing players, but it might be ok if they could shoot . WFU shot 3-14 from beyond the arc against lowly Colgate. By contrast, Duke hit 13 of 21 against Davidson. Wake Forest is too small to shoot so poorly ( foul shooting is abysmal too). This is going to be another long season, maybe worse than last year. Thank goodness we have Coron for one year. He appears to be the only player on the team who can really stroke it. Great recruiting, Buzz.

Where are you seeing 7 players? I see 5 - Meeks, Brice Johnson, JMM, Hubert, Joel James. And there's no way Kennedy Meeks' fat ass is 6'9". On the other hand, Cavanaugh might be a legit 6'9".

What's worse is we have lots of wings and none of them (with the fleeting exception of Travis) are really three point shooters. A vast majority of 6'3-6'7 guys need to be shooters in this era.

So if you are realistic about the talent level of your basketball team that makes you a hater?

Everything that OP said was true. This is a poorly constructed roster of mostly wing players, yet still a pretty weak perimeter shooting team.

What's funny is all of you sunshiners that want to be so right so you can say you always stuck by Bzzz that you deny this obvious fact.

I hope we are good this year, but there isn't much objective evidence to suggest we will be.

Cavenaugh is 6'8" max and plays below the rim. Hicks and Jackson are also 6'9" . Duke has a lot of wings and no true post player but they all can shoot lights out.

No, I did not play sports in college.
No, I didn't receive $250,000 in scholarship money to be good at basketball.

No, I don't have the expertise or experience to coach college basketball.
No, I don't get paid millions of dollars to coach college basketball.

Yes, I still know that our coach sucks and our players are not upper-tier ACC caliber.

My dad started at a high-major in college and he agrees with everything posted in the OP. There, dumb "you didn't play so you can't have an opinion" argument countered.

So if you are realistic about the talent level of your basketball team that makes you a hater?

Everything that OP said was true. This is a poorly constructed roster of mostly wing players, yet still a pretty weak perimeter shooting team.

What's funny is all of you sunshiners that want to be so right so you can say you always stuck by Bzzz that you deny this obvious fact.

I hope we are good this year, but there isn't much objective evidence to suggest we will be.

Exactly. And having a bunch of wings is a way to win, but they've got to be able to shoot and run. I know we don't have shooters (not sure if they can run).

Back