• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No zone against Clemson? !

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Clemson is among the worst 3 point shooting teams in the ACC . WTF did we not at least try the zone on them? They got on a rhythm in the second half- driving to the rim with no one there to defend it. Bzz is so bad.

He tried zone for one possession and Clemson annihilated it.

Our man defense is soft, allowing uncontested drives to the hoop, with no help rotations. We were not athletic enough to defend them man and it showed. However, what stunned and disappointed me was watching Devin back away from yet another drive late in the game rather than go up and attempt to make him earn it from the line.

Our man defense is soft, allowing uncontested drives to the hoop, with no help rotations. We were not athletic enough to defend them man and it showed. However, what stunned and disappointed me was watching Devin back away from yet another drive late in the game rather than go up and attempt to make him earn it from the line.

On this particular play the announcers said that Devin 'showed great respect' for the Clemson guy by backing off and letting him dunk. I laughed when I heard it.

On this particular play the announcers said that Devin 'showed great respect' for the Clemson guy by backing off and letting him dunk. I laughed when I heard it.

I thought Devin unexpectedly backed down there too. He later got his 1st foul, IIRC per announcer, so that was not an issue in this decision. Still, not a terrible game by us. If a couple of Travis's 3s (one even) goes in, it might have gotten interesting.

I opened this thread specifically for this reason. Two drives in a row late, iirc.

Simple answer Bz is a walking dumb ass for a coach. Very effective against NC State and he tries it once against Clemson.

Actually, I take that back. Our defense was a liability in the aecond part of the 2nd half. That being said, we have to be able to score with more volume. I don't thing that switching to zone would have changed the result.

Back