• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Noah Rubin?

jnpwfu

Reaction score
I noticed the men's tennis team barely lost their last match, but Noah Rubin didn't play. Does anyone know why he didn't play?

This is all second hand info, so take it with a grain of salt. At the OK State match last week I overhead another player saying Rubin hurt his hand and that's why he was sitting out doubles (he played singles though). Then in a recap of the match at Texas yesterday I read that he was there but had a cast on his left hand. Hopefully it's not too serious and he'll be able to play again this year. It's too bad because they played #6 Texas yesterday and will play #11 UVA Friday and #15 TCU on Sunday.

Its Wake. Pretty much par for the course.

Anyone have an update on this? I was super bummed that he couldn't play against Texas and feel certain we would have won with him playing. His twitter feed doesn't mention anything about the injury. I am planning on driving into town for the UVA match so I hope he plays, as it will be very tough with him much less without him.

Anyone have an update on this? I was super bummed that he couldn't play against Texas and feel certain we would have won with him playing. His twitter feed doesn't mention anything about the injury. I am planning on driving into town for the UVA match so I hope he plays, as it will be very tough with him much less without him.

UVA men's tennis has won 122 straight ACC matches, which is the longest streak in any sport in ACC history.

UVA men's tennis has won 122 straight ACC matches, which is the longest streak in any sport in ACC history.

Rafi, I'm well aware of UVA's dominance. I've watched them many times over the years, but I think with Rubin we have a shot. If they are without TSK and Ritschard as they were last week, which i highly doubt they will be without both, I really like our our chances with Rubin. Against the lineup they've rolled out most of the year, we'll need to win the dubs point, and then Noah needs to win at 1 vs Shane or Frank. That gives us 2 courts. I think it will be tough for Romo at #2 against either Shane or Frank. I think #3 will be tough for Mansouri against TSK. I think Ho has a shot at 4. Then I think Kan or Tabrizi has a shot at 6. Ritschard at 5 is a tough out for anyone. With a healthy Rubin and Max Kan, playing at the same level he was at last year fitness wise and health wise, I think we can beat anyone in the country.

Rafi, I'm well aware of UVA's dominance. I've watched them many times over the years, but I think with Rubin we have a shot. If they are without TSK and Ritschard as they were last week, which i highly doubt they will be without both, I really like our our chances with Rubin. Against the lineup they've rolled out most of the year, we'll need to win the dubs point, and then Noah needs to win at 1 vs Shane or Frank. That gives us 2 courts. I think it will be tough for Romo at #2 against either Shane or Frank. I think #3 will be tough for Mansouri against TSK. I think Ho has a shot at 4. Then I think Kan or Tabrizi has a shot at 6. Ritschard at 5 is a tough out for anyone. With a healthy Rubin and Max Kan, playing at the same level he was at last year fitness wise and health wise, I think we can beat anyone in the country.

Great run-down, and I agree with your analyses. We do have a shot with a healthy Rubin and Kan. I wasn't trying to be a dick when I posted about UVA's dominance, rather I was putting it into perspective for those that may not be aware. Sorry if that didn't come across as I intended.

Great run-down, and I agree with your analyses. We do have a shot with a healthy Rubin and Kan. I wasn't trying to be a dick when I posted about UVA's dominance, rather I was putting it into perspective for those that may not be aware. Sorry if that didn't come across as I intended.

Rafi,
Didn't take it that way at all, so no need to apologize at all. I'm just glad we have a small thread on Wake tennis! I never want us to lose, but I'll be content with a good effort vs. UVA, but I do want us and expect us to beat UNC and Duke this year, but both will be tough.

Does anyone know what is going on with Rubin? Can't believe there is no story here.

Does anyone know what is going on with Rubin? Can't believe there is no story here.

He has a minor injury to his left hand and will likely be back in a week or so.

Back