• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Conf Football games set

Just responding to Wfuguru saying that you can't play cupcakes and win the conference and go to the Orange Bowl. Just pointed out that we played FCS Liberty, 0-8 Syracuse (4 games vacated due to academic cheating), and 4-8 UCONN that year. The Big East football teams were most definitely not considered P5 level equivalent at that time.

ok......i get it, they weren't good that year cool, but did you know they were going to be bad? can you predict the future? my point is we scheduled them, and don't start with the vacating wins etc. tell me what our record will be in 2020, if its good ill buy box seats, also can you tell me what sex my first kid will be? thx

NC State beat us, Syracuse and nc plus their cupcakes. They are playing Miss state in the belk bowl. I would kill for a result like that next year

personally I am glad we are playing an easy OOC schedule next year. Hopefully we can parlay it into 7 wins and a bowl game and build some momentum in the program.

We will have ND regularly. We are playing UNC and Ole Miss coming up. But every year isn't going to have a really difficult OOC game.

Just responding to Wfuguru saying that you can't play cupcakes and win the conference and go to the Orange Bowl. Just pointed out that we played FCS Liberty, 0-8 Syracuse (4 games vacated due to academic cheating), and 4-8 UCONN that year. The Big East football teams were most definitely not considered P5 level equivalent at that time.

Yes they were. The Big East was BCS. That's why we played Big East Champ 11-1 Louisville in the Orange Bowl.

Do you agree with Wfuguru that you can't play mars hill college and then win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl?

Do you agree with Wfuguru that you can't play mars hill college and then win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl?

I actually misspoke, mars hill is a university now so lets start referring to them as that from here on out

We have been the cupcake on everyone's schedule since the dawn of time

John Brown, now with the Arizona Cardinals, played at MHC (college at the time). So they might have beaten us. Idk

After living through back to back 1-10 seasons while I was at Wake, I'm all for scheduling as many wins as we can legally get away with and still be elible for a bowl.

After living through back to back 1-10 seasons while I was at Wake, I'm all for scheduling as many wins as we can legally get away with and still be elible for a bowl.

call tabor and rj reynolds up, they def will take the money

How bout we schedule Middle Tennessee, University of Louisiana Monroe (sounds familiar), and Charleston Southern? That's who Alabama scheduled this year. If it's good enough for them...

How bout we schedule Middle Tennessee, University of Louisiana Monroe (sounds familiar), and Charleston Southern? That's who Alabama scheduled this year. If it's good enough for them...

haha thats a good one....but do i really need to explain that? if you have the best conference schedule in America then there is no need to worry about non conference, Acc is down, we all know it

great research BTW

It's hilarious how so many people think that just playing in "A Bowl" is such a big deal. There are 40 bowls this year. There are tons of 6-6 teams in them....and, unbelievably, even 5-7 teams. I think that there are 127 D1 teams, which means that 80 of them...almost two-thirds...will be playing in a "bowl". You have to be one of the bottom third teams in the country NOT to play in a bowl. A couple of 6-6 teams playing in some dipshit meaningless game in the middle of December is actually just like a 13th game. Calling it a "Bowl" is supposed to give it some kind of special importance?

Bottom line? You can be a shitty team and still go to a bowl when you have a totally ridiculous 80 teams out of 127 going to a Bowl Game. In fact, you have to be a super-shitty team NOT to go to one when only 47 teams out of 127 are not going.

great point

I say we all focus on winning conference games, not winning TWO conference games in TWO years by a combined score of 9-6 (loved that score back in '06 in the ACC championship)

Back