• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

okay, but I don't think a 50mcg vitamin D pill is a "large dose", but please share study

how do you get your vitamin D in the winter, rafi?

50 mcg of vitamin D is 2000 IU, which is a pretty large dose when taken daily (daily recommended is 400-800 IU).

I spend a lot of time outside and sometimes take a multivitamin.

so where are the studies showing harmful effects of taking 50mcg daily?

I'm not even talking about a Coronavirus magic bullet here, just that vitamin D is one that's really hard to get via diet and is very commonly prescribed in certain geographic regions

and I'm not being antagonistic, trying to understand the issue

a google search does not bring up those studies

Go by how many IU's you're taking, not the mg of the pill.

And use a reputable source--OTC supplements are essentially unregulated.

For most folks 600 IU a day is plenty.

and I'm not being antagonistic, trying to understand the issue

a google search does not bring up those studies

You have to be careful with excess of any fat-soluble vitamins (ADEK). 2000 IU is more than the daily recommended dose of vitamin D, but it’s probably not enough to cause problems in most people.

If you want to read a review article about vitamin D and coronary artery disease, this is a good review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5986531/

yeah all the covid risk factors are freaking me out. Only thing that the doc said during my last checkup was that I was vitamin D deficient, and am developing mild psoriasis. Also, I'm someone who severely over-reacts to bug bites. So I got an overactive immune system.... which is the type of thing that seems to be killing folks with COVID. 20 year former smoker too

Putin announces that Russia has first Covid vaccine. Supposedly they skipped phase 3 testing.

Putin announces that Russia has first Covid vaccine. Supposedly they skipped phase 3 testing.

Curious to see if Trump gets behind it.

Curious to see if Trump gets behind it.

A big part of me thinks this is Russia throwing out some bait for Trump to grab and start tweeting about, only for doctors and medical experts and Democrats to urge caution, deepening the divide between Trump's party and reasonable Americans. Always about destabilizing the West.

I don't think taking vitamin D is going to hurt you though

my physician said most vitamins are worthless, but D is on the short list of those worth taking, especially in northern areas with lower levels of sun for parts of the year

No, baby. I'm going to be so gentle. You won't even feel any pain.

A big part of me thinks this is Russia throwing out some bait for Trump to grab and start tweeting about, only for doctors and medical experts and Democrats to urge caution, deepening the divide between Trump's party and reasonable Americans. Always about destabilizing the West.

Oh definitely. It’s only a matter of time before people here start accusing Democrats of McCarthyism and blaming them for every death because they’re preventing the Russian vaccine.

There's gotta be a good Sovjet Russia Phase three tests you joke out there but I can't put my finger on it

Oh definitely. It’s only a matter of time before people here start accusing Democrats of McCarthyism and blaming them for every death because they’re preventing the Russian vaccine.

Good call both you and BBD. It’s gonna be a shitshow. Next Russia will report fantastic economic numbers.

I didn’t even know they named it Sputnik-V. That’s a definite troll name.

Back