• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Yeah, that person would be you. You sent her to school in the middle of a pandemic that you've been screaming at the sky about for months, right? This is the perfect example of the WFHElite mentality. Bitch at and look down on everyone else for not taking precautions and being "selfish", when your risk assessment was the proximate cause of her catching it you dumb motherfucker. If I send my kids to school during this time, which I have, and they get it, that is my fault, not anybody else's. You are just as guilty as the guy running around with no mask, you are just more of a sucker because you fell for the media okeydokes about masks, despite extoling on a daily basis all the evidence to the contrary of exploding cases despite mask requirements for months. On top of that, you are paranoid that you have a virus that apparently has given you no symptoms beyond what would otherwise be caused by cold air. You can't make this shit up.

God damn you people are awful. This is as bad as the dumbass on here a few months who went to a brewery and then complained about people not wearing masks at said brewery. The only people who have a right to complain about others are those who have legit locked themselves in their house for 9 months and still managed to contract it from the Beefaroni cans that WalMart dropped off outside their door after they soaked them in Lysol for 3 hours. Everyone else is on a sliding scale, on which they all think they are on the high side, and can stfu. Unless you are completely off the scale then you are part of the problem.

This post slaps!

"they are so much the problem that I cannot be"

"not enough people are talking about the Chinese Communist Party in this thread"

"hold on I'm about to takedown this dude who's kid just caught covid"

Dudes, if I suck ten dicks that's totally not gay compared to sucking 10,000 dicks. Hell, if we could find someone who has sucked a million dicks, then we could all suck like 100 dicks and still be totally not gay.

You can't argue with facts.

Did you like it? Being gay means you like it. If you did it for some other reasons...?... mY e you aren't gay. Enjoying it is the key.

Did you like it? Being gay means you like it. If you did it for some other reasons...?... mY e you aren't gay. Enjoying it is the key.

Does this work the other way in determining sexuality? Because I very seriously doubt that after a decade and a half my wife still enjoys that process. Although she is more inclined to perform the act on an oceanfront balcony, which brings us full circle as to why my travel plans are more important than the general well being and health of society.

Does this work the other way in determining sexuality? Because I very seriously doubt that after a decade and a half my wife still enjoys that process. Although she is more inclined to perform the act on an oceanfront balcony, which brings us full circle as to why my travel plans are more important than the general well being and health of society.

Go ahead and dm me the specifics and your mom and I can discuss it this weekend. #DeepThoughts #lotstoconsider #thingsthatmakeyougohmmmm

Leading cause of death in the US. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465

You are a truly remarkable piece of shit.

Way to not only read just the headline of what you posted, but to actually misread said headline and apparently not read the actual article itself. But I wouldn't expect anything less. From the article you posted:

In contrast, for individuals younger than age 45 years, other causes of death, such as drug overdoses, suicide, transport accidents, cancer, and homicide exceeded those from COVID-19.

I'm not saying it is a bullshit disease. It sucks for those who get it and for whatever reason are not in the 99+% who have no material effects. But to willingly send your kid to school, mask and all, and then blame other rubes for said kid catching it, is where the hypocritical bullshit comes in. If you want a 0% chance of catching it, then do not interact with society. And hopefully your risk analysis is exactly the same for eating red meat, exercising, driving a car, and everything else that could potentially lead to some form of death, calamity, or sniffles that is primarily within your own control.

What is a material effect? Not dying?

Anything more than the regular flu or pneumonia, which I would expect most people get several times during their life. Feel like shit and miss work for a week or so, possibly have some pain in the ass lingering effects for a few months. Such is life. Suck it up, buttercup.

I definitely remember all those elite level athletes who had to miss an entire season of competition because of effects from the flu and pneumonia.

Not saying I'm reminded of anyone in this thread, but also not denying it.

bcoM98v.png

I definitely remember all those elite level athletes who had to miss an entire season of competition because of effects from the flu and pneumonia.

Motherfuckers should’ve eaten an apple and taken a walk a couple of times a week. It’s called personal responsibility.

The kid from Florida basketball who collapsed on the court is out for the season with heart complications...Almost too coincidental that he had COVID and this is totally unrelated. Super sad and scary.

not sure how you can zoom out on how this has been handled around the globe -- lots of counterfactuals to the American approach -- and come to the conclusions 2&2 has

but at this point dude has fully embraced his villain status and is just plama-ing his posts

Way to not only read just the headline of what you posted, but to actually misread said headline and apparently not read the actual article itself. But I wouldn't expect anything less. From the article you posted:

I'm not saying it is a bullshit disease. It sucks for those who get it and for whatever reason are not in the 99+% who have no material effects. But to willingly send your kid to school, mask and all, and then blame other rubes for said kid catching it, is where the hypocritical bullshit comes in. If you want a 0% chance of catching it, then do not interact with society. And hopefully your risk analysis is exactly the same for eating red meat, exercising, driving a car, and everything else that could potentially lead to some form of death, calamity, or sniffles that is primarily within your own control.

Putting aside the error in your your claim that 99+% of people will have no “material effects” from COVID, what you are saying is analogous to saying you would have no right to be pissed at a drunk driver who killed your family in a car wreck because you knew driving was risky.

I don’t know the specifics of how Birdman’s daughter caught it, but generally speaking, we have the right to be pissed if people are spreading the disease through reckless behavior. Built into the concept of recklessness is the purpose of the behavior—if the behavior is necessary for the function of the person, family, and society writ large, then we should tolerate more risk than if it is not. On this metric, sending your kid to school is not reckless. Kids need to be educated, for many people there is no other viable option because of jobs, money, etc., and schools are generally taking measures to mitigate the spread of the disease. Flying to the Caribbean for a vacation with 4 other couples, by contrast, is reckless, pretty much regardless of the mitigation measures, because they are not 100%, and the purpose of the behavior is 100% self-centered.

For this reason, if, in fact, Birdman’s daughter got it from a school nurse who had flown to the Caribbean, for example, he would have every right to be pissed, just like you would have every right to be pissed if a drunk driver killed your family.

Back