• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political - Officially NOT a recession thread

Lower than '08/'09 is a mindboggling and frightening stat.

Not sure about you guys but I sleep better at night knowing the Biden economic team is at the helm of the ship.

giphy.gif

With the price of gas dropping was trump reinstated? I feel like I'm missing some critical details.

It would be fun as hell to have billions and give it away to people that really need it and deserve it. I have a total of about $11 dollars and it is still fun as hell. That would be an incredible feeling to give it away for good causes the way Buffett and Gates do. A buddy of mine sold his business for $400 million a couple of years ago and he tells me there is absolutely nothing he can do to spend it faster than it accumulates now. He's been paying for college educations for deserving kids like crazy. Things like that. Damn that would be fun.

Your friend needs to adopt a city like this guy did Chicago. He is looking for others like him to come along
https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/RwAGLSRzuPKWiiZhMQSGYLP7jhvSvSbJ/

shorter version on youtube

Last edited:
With the price of gas dropping was trump reinstated? I feel like I'm missing some critical details.

I did see that the wholesale price of chicken wings has dropped to pre-Biden levels. Clearly a last-ditch attempt to retain voters before the mid-terms, but retail pricing has not fallen yet to match as the spread is being used by restaurants to cover their other artificially inflated operational elements.

As per the usual, you are in fact missing some critical details.

I was reliably informed by this administration that Vladimir Putin was to blame for the high gas prices:

so can this thread be moved to the board where the coward who started this thread is too cowardly to post?

Odd to see layoffs planned in the midst of such a strong economy:

non-politically, 18.6% seems high

learned today that the UK had 24% inflation in 1975 (and 16% in '74, '76-'77)

Question for anybody who knows (and it's quite possible nobody does). If gas is down 20% from the previous month, but still up 50% from 6 months before, does that mean the gas part of inflation is negative 20 or do they measure it relative to what it was X amount of months before? I use gas only as an easy example, but it would be applicable to anything else they use to factor inflation rates too.

Obviously there must be a shit ton of greedy mega corporations in the UK:

that's just as dumb as blaming it on us spending.

Back