• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Norfolk State at WF -- Noon Saturday ACCN Extra

Did Norfolk State set a record for time of possession in a quarter?

NSU has 21 plays, 6 first downs, and 13:13 time of possession. They're only averaging 1.4 yards per rush and 7.7 yards per pass, but they've made key plays on 3rd and long.

They had the ball for 33:23 vs. Toledo but only scored 10 points.

Anyone know what happened on the personal foul? That was weird.

No idea. Pointer got injured then they just came back and said there was a personal foul.

Gotta admit I'm curious why NSU's coach left a winning program at Southern to rebuild a losing program at Norfolk State. That bit about being "wanted" was interesting.

Wildcat fails again, but draws a face mask. Basic handoff up the middle for TD. Deacs up 14-3.

Last edited:
I’m fine with us playing FCS opponents but we should only do it in Week 1. We are all just happy for football to be starting at that point. Right now I’m just bored.

we aren’t really overmatching them physically like you would hope

EJ Manuel loves Winston after that ACC Roadtrip. He raved about the campus and Winston during the show and he had a few good mentions on one of the ACCN shows.

Good run from Turner.

And we threw to a tight end!

Great (throw and) catch by Stewart

Turner has had some nice runs through arm tackles. That Hartman throw to Stewart was beautiful.

I like how Turner runs, hopefully he builds some confidence. If we are gonna play an FCS team, I wish we would play a team that at least tries to play. Norfolk state is just trying to run out the clock, like the coaches took the under.

I like how Turner runs, hopefully he builds some confidence. If we are gonna play an FCS team, I wish we would play a team that at least tries to play. Norfolk state is just trying to run out the clock, like the coaches took the under.

????

Their game plan is about to lead to another possible score

Our defense is just not good. Bad play calls, bad execution, and bad tackling.

I am going to be super annoyed if clawson does not try to score before half.

The defense we have become used to.........

The defense has been awful. Even a vanilla defense should be able to get Norfolk State off the field.

Guess I’m fine giving Sciba a long FG shot there. Ordinarily I’d rather go for it.

Last edited:
Back