• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Norfolk State at WF -- Noon Saturday ACCN Extra

Thoroughly enjoyed today's game between two fairly even MEAC teams....🙄

Could also be giving live reps to guys deep on the depth chart without risking their redshirts.

I had to look up a lot of numbers in the fourth quarter. The staff was doing exactly this. Marucci at QB. Several true freshman (some second year) got playing time. Marshall and Cooley at RB. Bunch of linemen.

I think the real backup QB will be Kern. I think the staff tries to preserve Griffis redshirt this year. Report last week was Kern was a bit nicked. Maybe still not 100%. Good excuse to play some other guys.

He’s been an ACC Network studio guy from the beginning. He knows the ACC well.

Yes, I know that. I meant his in game work. There were only a few times where he seemed to be reaching for cliches and not talking about the game or things related to the game.

Clawson will always do the same thing in these situations: Tell QB to run down the clock before snap and run, run, run, even on 3rd and 10-20...

Not true today. Kelly threw a pass. Santucci kept on a read option.

Kern's TD pass to AT Perry vs. Elon is the only TD drive I can remember led by a true backup (not one of 2 QBs splitting time or fairly even competing for snaps).

Yes, I know that. I meant his in game work. There were only a few times where he seemed to be reaching for cliches and not talking about the game or things related to the game.

I know you know that. I'm saying that's why he was better than some random schmo former QB.

that would be a reassuring silver lining if it holds up.

Rare that your opponent’s previous opponent plays your next opponent’s previous opponent. A Toledo win would definitely be a reassuring outcome for us.

We will show up better than today. But there isn’t anything reassuring that we can’t stop a mobile QB. FSU, whoever they play, will have a mobile QB. I don’t see us shutting FSU down but can see us out scoring them.

Also, pathetic this is only 5 pages deep. Even during the Bzzz era, if we played SC Upstate, this would be 10 pages long by now with awful analysis.

We will show up better than today. But there isn’t anything reassuring that we can’t stop a mobile QB. FSU, whoever they play, will have a mobile QB. I don’t see us shutting FSU down but can see us out scoring them.

makenzie Milton is anything but mobile anymore

Also, pathetic this is only 5 pages deep. Even during the Bzzz era, if we played SC Upstate, this would be 10 pages long by now with awful analysis.

To be fair, 9 of those pages would've been ripping on Ron and Bzzz

I'm not content with how we've played the last 2 weeks but I'm going to reserve judgment until next week when it matters

I'm not content with how we've played the last 2 weeks but I'm going to reserve judgment until next week when it matters

Yeah. Clawson has had this schedule for a long time. It’s not really surprising we haven’t seen more inspired play calling on offense and that we’ve sat certain guys on defense. We play a real team next week. I’ll reserve judgement until then. And I’m excited to be there in person.

Toledos running back Should have taken a knee at the one Notre Dame had 1 time out they could have run the clock down to 20 seconds or less and kick a chip shot field goal

Back