• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Carolina pot laws and enforcement

Maurice

Reaction score
I'm thinking of spending a few days at one of the Wilmington area beaches next month, but am concerned about being able to enjoy a little THC while watching the sun rise.

Google indicates that getting caught with a small amount of weed is a misdemeanor subject to a light fine. Vapes appear to be a felony. What about edibles? Also, are the cops at the beaches really interested in busting folks just enjoying life?

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one
- Maurice (according to some)

For edibles, just get something D8 or D9 which is legal and widely available. You can also generally find them in seltzer form.

Cops in Charlotte don't even care about a little weed. They don't have time to bust people for it. They've also been instructed to let minor traffic violations go. It's the Wild West out here with all these potheads running red lights.

if you're v concerned, why not just take an edible before getting on the beach

Cops in Charlotte don't even care about a little weed. They don't have time to bust people for it. They've also been instructed to let minor traffic violations go. It's the Wild West out here with all these potheads running red lights.
The first thing that needs to be done to tame this Wild West is an establishment of territorial zones for the perpetual armada of landscape trucks towing double-axle trailers with Bobcats. Every person with a suspended drivers license has one, which is great man, make that cash, but they crisscross the city on a daily basis for no logical reason. 485 has become Bob Johnson's dream of Bobcat Boulevard, with no regard for lane width, sway, braking distance, or launched rocks. There is no reason dude needs to tow his shit from Ballantyne to Huntersville, while someone else simultaneously pulls one from Huntersville to Ballantyne.

The County Commissioners need to establish business territories, and each operator needs to pick one to be designated to house and operate his equipment within for each year. Change between them every year, I don't care, but once designated for that year you need to operate only within your territory and are prohibited from moving your rolling death trap anywhere outside its limits. If you get a project outside of your territory, sublease from someone whose equipment is already there.

When I run for office this will be my primary campaign objective. And pass the edibles.

Absolutely nobody:

Leyritz:
The County Commissioners need to establish business territories, and each operator needs to pick one to be designated to house and operate his equipment within for each year. Change between them every year, I don't care, but once designated for that year you need to operate only within your territory and are prohibited from moving your rolling death trap anywhere outside its limits. If you get a project outside of your territory, sublease from someone whose equipment is already there.

When I run for office this will be my primary campaign objective. And pass the edibles.

Just to recap this thread:

Strong opinions about road safety from a uga fan and a guy named after Jim Leyritz.
Wow. I'd say freak just killed them if that wasn't disrespectful to the victims of Jim Leyritz and the UGA NASCAR team.

Last edited:
Back