• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Not Left/Right, but Insiders/Outsiders

TexasDeac10

Alphonso Smith
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this really great interview with Larry Lessig (Harvard Law Prof) done by The Atlantic. The interview is about Lessig's new book and interest in reforming campaign finance law. Whether you're on the right or left, I think this has to be an issue that we can build consensus around in the future.

Also think Lessig kills it with his closing blurb:

The theme of the book I just published is that the chattering class likes to divide America into the left side and the right side. But the most important division in politics today is between the inside and the outside. This election is the quintessential insider politics drama, and when it's over it's going to leave the outside even more disgusted than they were before. The challenge is to figure out how the outside can come to recognize, as a sleeping giant when it wakes up, that it's big, that it's got different limbs, and that they can actually act together. The giant here is slowly waking up in American politics. It has a left version and a right version. And there's a need for a cross-partisan alliance to fix the things that are wrong at the core of this government.

I will definitely look to read this book.

Back