• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nothing about MCB on this board?

i'm pumped for nashville.

-was convinced we were headed to shreveport and nashville is a HUGE upgrade
-never been to nashville and i'm excited to see the city
-great friends and great tailgating
-see how the Deacs face up against an SEC West opponent (although i'll probably hate cowbells by the end of the game)
-say final goodbyes to seniors (Wilber, Looney, Pendergrass, among many others)
-(hopefully) end the season on a high note

This kind of scares me because we just saw how the Deacs faced up against an SEC East opponent.

meh, we had nothing to play for after clinching bowl eligibility
:sunshinebrigade

We are going to face a very physical, no quit football team. We come out passive and fool around and they will pound us. We need to be ready to play and we can win, but we need our A game for 4 quarters.

We are going to face a very physical, no quit football team. We come out passive and fool around and they will pound us. We need to be ready to play and we can win, but we need our A game for 4 quarters.

MSU will play hard as they take pride in the name on the front of the jersey ------- unlike our buddies from UNC yesterday.

For an institution as hungry for winning seasons and bowl wins as ours is, this game is actually quite important. I expect us to be quite sharp and well prepared at our skill positions, but, as others have noted, simply may not be able to handle the manpower their lines will throw at us.

I think at 7:15pm I'm going to be feeling pretty good, and at about 8:30pm I'm going to be nervously gritting my teeth.

However, I think we'll come out with a win.

meh, we had nothing to play for after clinching bowl eligibility
:sunshinebrigade

can you guys please explain this to me? How do you not have anything to play for in a regular season college football game? This isn't the NFL or NBA or MLB. You're playing for a seventh win. A better bowl. Maybe I'm missing something with your conference standings.

can you guys please explain this to me? How do you not have anything to play for in a regular season college football game? This isn't the NFL or NBA or MLB. You're playing for a seventh win. A better bowl. Maybe I'm missing something with your conference standings.

Exactly. We finished the season with Vandy, a non-con opponent. All of our bowls are tied into conference record. Conference records is why the ACC bowls had to take WFU over UNC.

We thought we were locked into Shreveport regardless of the outcome of the Vandy game. The Sugar taking VaTech changed all of that. I think the Deacs are really excited to be in the Music City bowl and our play Friday night will show that.

He signed the post like a member of the sunshine brigade or it's just something someone of the sunshine brigade would say. For us, a member of the sunshine brigade is unrealistically optimistic about Wake. The opposite is a member of the Legion of Doom.

Now that I've explained the quote, please leave your cowbell home.

Also, unlike MSU, Wake actually played non-conference competition.

Yeah, but if we had to play their conference slate I'd want the easisest non-con schedule I could possibly find.

To flesh out the other two explanations, the ACC bowls pick based on ACC record and regardless of OOC record (ours was bad, but we also played tougher schedules than many teams) Wake will always be passed on by every bowl that can pass on us because we have a small fanbase and no national appeal. The only team Wake might be picked over is BC.

UNC would have been picked over us by Music City if possible (probably, the only reason it isn't a given is because UNC played there last year), but they had 2 fewer ACC wins than we did thus couldn't be picked ahead of us.

Yeah, but if we had to play their conference slate I'd want the easisest non-con schedule I could possibly find.

Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I think Wake could have very realistically gone 6-6 against MSU's schedule too.

Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I think Wake could have very realistically gone 6-6 against MSU's schedule too.

I can see that. It would have come down to the LA Tech game. However, Wake would have lost to LSU and Bama by 50. And State is better than Vandy, but still might have lost to them.

I can see that. It would have come down to the LA Tech game. However, Wake would have lost to LSU and Bama by 50. And State is better than Vandy, but still might have lost to them.

And MSU probably would have lost to FSU.

TBR's post is essentially the cliff's notes for our feelings. I'm psyched we got to go to Nashville as it's probably the only time we'll ever get this bowl game because of the fact that we'd never get chosen above another team for it, so the rules had to align for the Music City bowl to be forced to take us under the rules. Decently centrally located, so I'll get to see some friends, have some beers, check out Nashville, and watch a nice game of tackle football that hopefully we'll play decently in.

would be a good game. FSU is pretty "meh", kind of like us.

I agree that they were incredibly overhyped, but I think they would be a bad match-up for you all. Their run defense would cause huge problems.

give josh harris the football

grobe's doghouse junk is getting old; don't want to watch more Pendergrass fumbles

we need to show up or we will get embarrassed on national tv

Without clicking the link, I'm going to guess we're the basketball school although Miss St. is ranked, made the Final Four in 1996, and only went to one fewer NCAAT in the last decade.

Back