• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame game in 2020 moved to Charlotte

If we don't get the entire gate and home team revenues on concessions, then it's a dumb move.

If we don't get the entire gate and home team revenues on concessions, then it's a dumb move.

I assume we will. Notre Dame gets to play a "road" game with 80% of fans and we get all the monies.

Disappointing. I assume lots more Wake "home" games against ND will get moved in the future.

Nice move for the team to sell home field advantage. Guess we will do almost anything for money.

At least I'll be able to go this game but yeah puss move selling a home game.

Nice move for the team to sell home field advantage. Guess we will do almost anything for money.

Not as bad as the "home" game we sold out on in the 90's to F$U that was played in Orlando. The Caldwell Era was a real jewel.

161102_college_inside.jpg

why is wake doing this any worse than any of these other teams doing this? or do people just love complaining?

I like complaining, but those are non conference showcase matchups. Not comparable to our situation.

well technically wake-notre dame is a non-conference football game

Yeah, I'm sure the Charlotte Sports Foundation is just giving away the gate and concessions for one night for the prestige of this game..

Would this move have been necessary if the Deacon Club ever collected 10% of the "Once ____________ is fired, I will donate!" pledges on the message boards?

If we wanted to go out and schedule a neutral game instead of a home and home that's fine. But giving away a home game on the schedule sucks.

We aren't getting gate revenues at all. My understanding is that we were guaranteed "X" amount of money from the Charlotte Sports Foundation, which is roughly 3x the amount we would normally get for a home game in revenue.

161102_college_inside.jpg

why is wake doing this any worse than any of these other teams doing this? or do people just love complaining?

All the others are larger universities with substantial fan bases which will travel in huge numbers. The only place where Wake has a majority is in Winston and sometimes just barely there. (At least relative to the other universities named). This move sells home field advantage. That might mean something to the players.

Biff doesn't understand how things work. What a shock!

Stadiums give the home teams the gate for a rental fee. The concessionaire gets a cut of concessions. The venue gets a cut of the concessions. The home team gets a cut of the concessions.

As he should do most of the time, Biff should keep his ignorant, wise ass statements to himself. He should listen to Lincoln, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

So how much is that? What is giving away homefield worth?

Biff doesn't understand how things work. What a shock!

Stadiums give the home teams the gate for a rental fee. The concessionaire gets a cut of concessions. The venue gets a cut of the concessions. The home team gets a cut of the concessions.

As he should do most of the time, Biff should keep his ignorant, wise ass statements to himself. He should listen to Lincoln, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

We aren't getting gate revenues at all. My understanding is that we were guaranteed "X" amount of money from the Charlotte Sports Foundation, which is roughly 3x the amount we would normally get for a home game in revenue.

Ha ha.

All the others are larger universities with substantial fan bases which will travel in huge numbers. The only place where Wake has a majority is in Winston and sometimes just barely there. (At least relative to the other universities named). This move sells home field advantage. That might mean something to the players.

so this is a problem with wake ever doing it, not a problem with it being wake-notre dame. i don't agree. not like home field advantage hasn't been co-opted by large fanbases in winston before.

Back