• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame Game Officially 8 PM on ABC

I'm a newbie Bama fan. I have a kid there who will be (I think) at that game. I can't imagine being anywhere but at BB&T on 5 November. As was said earlier...that's what DVR is for

:nopics:

I am soooo jealous of all you people that are going to tailgate for this game.

This is my first time away from W-S in over a decade and this is the first time I'm really feeling shitty about missing a big home game. (Made it to HC)

I am on call Saturday and there is no way I can come but I guess the silver lining is I can watch live in HD.

Please cheer loudly for me and black out Groves!

bump

Last edited:
I love you BillBrasky, but I'm looking at you here..

Yeah, I know. I'm currently considering a third option that might work if we kick off at 7. I have two tickets, the friend that usually goes most likely has to work at the Hospital that night, so I could...

1. Tailgate all day, which I'm doing regardless
2. Go in to the Wake-ND game at 7 pm
3. Run over at halftime to Last Resort or whatever Deacon Blvd. bar is closest.
4. Access both games and possibly re-enter with my second ticket at halftime of the Bama-LSU game.
5. Run back to bar for Bama-LSU ending

Yeah, I know. I'm currently considering a third option that might work if we kick off at 7. I have two tickets, the friend that usually goes most likely has to work at the Hospital that night, so I could...

1. Tailgate all day, which I'm doing regardless
2. Go in to the Wake-ND game at 7 pm
3. Run over at halftime to Last Resort or whatever Deacon Blvd. bar is closest.
4. Access both games and possibly re-enter with my second ticket at halftime of the Bama-LSU game.
5. Run back to bar for Bama-LSU ending

You know they do pass outs now right?

Wish the game was at 3:30 so I could catch the Bama-LSU game after, but no chance I'd miss this game to watch another game on TV.

You know they do pass outs now right?

I thought that was for students only. If that's possible, than I may have discovered my new plan. I won't feel so greedy by hoarding both tickets, especially since I have a few different people who I know would want it.

There will be a large ND contingent, but every Deacon fan and their brother is trying to go to this game, too. It's going to be an amazing atmosphere.

I thought that was for students only. If that's possible, than I may have discovered my new plan. I won't feel so greedy by hoarding both tickets, especially since I have a few different people who I know would want it.

We've done it for multiple games this year already going out of gate 2 on the press box side.

I am very excited for the game. This is going to be ridiculous.

Sadly, I guarantee there will be more than a few WF fans (students and older) that choose to stay home and watch LSU/Bama.

I've never been one to talk about what makes a "true fan" but I would really question the allegiance of anyone who would pass up Wake vs. Notre Dame in Groves Stadium to watch other teams play on TV.

We've done it for multiple games this year already going out of gate 2 on the press box side.

Excellent that would be the gate I would be using to make mad dashes back and forth. Please stay a 7:00 kickoff. Don't eff me over again ABC/CBS/ESPN.

Maybe it's just me but i have absolutely no care or desire to watch LSU/Bama. I know they are probably the best two teams in the country but it's just not a big deal to me. One will win and one will lose, and then they will wash/rinse/repeat next season when the both have great teams once again. ND @Groves is probably never going to happen again. I'm looking at a possible epic football day (for me anyway) by seeing the UNC/NCSU game in Carter-Finely at 12:30 and then rushing over to Groves to tailgate with the parents and catch the WF/ND game whenever it gets played. Could be a rare perfect sports day if I can get both games in and a NCSU and WF win....

Maybe it's just me but i have absolutely no care or desire to watch LSU/Bama. I know they are probably the best two teams in the country but it's just not a big deal to me. One will win and one will lose, and then they will wash/rinse/repeat next season when the both have great teams once again. ND @Groves is probably never going to happen again. I'm looking at a possible epic football day (for me anyway) by seeing the UNC/NCSU game in Carter-Finely at 12:30 and then rushing over to Groves to tailgate with the parents and catch the WF/ND game whenever it gets played. Could be a rare perfect sports day if I can get both games in and a NCSU and WF win....

Great post.

Wolf1297 & I have done the 2 game dash a couple of times before & it does make for an epic (albeit long) day. We will be doing the 2 gamer on Nov. 5th instead of each of us attending our own game solo. Needless to say, I'm psyched. :woot:

Back