• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame Roll Call

WFUWaldo

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Anyone going to be in South Bend on Tuesday? Two tickets in Section 10 here. Hoping to see an upset and a have sweet ride back to Chicago.

Thank god. I was going to be so lonely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In. I probably shouldn't leave work early since I'm already off Friday but...Deacs.

Good atmosphere/venue? Sucks to watch your team lose on the road.

A capella group was probably the worst halftime performance I've ever seen.

Nice people as I've found on all my trips to South Bend, but yeah, the halftime show wasn't exactly the bowl lady.

I don't know if it showed up on the TV broadcast but Mike Brey spent 80% of his energy in the 2nd half trying to pump up the student section. One of his assistants would stand up and motion to the students during Wake FT's to wave their hands and make noise. It was weird.

Nice people as I've found on all my trips to South Bend, but yeah, the halftime show wasn't exactly the bowl lady.

I don't know if it showed up on the TV broadcast but Mike Brey spent 80% of his energy in the 2nd half trying to pump up the student section. One of his assistants would stand up and motion to the students during Wake FT's to wave their hands and make noise. It was weird.

Part of it has to do with the fact that college basketball absolutely sucks. Officiating clinics have absolutely ruined the game. It's all about the officials.

Didn't sell beer or allow it in the stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed Brey doing that a couple of times.

Hm interesting about Brey. Smart though. He's a good coach.

I found it as sad more so than smart. They have been to back to back Elite 8s & this guy can't get 6500 people to make noise during an ACC game. I am surprised he has lasted 17 yrs as the women draw much larger & louder crowds on an every game basis.
Trust me if Manning was waving his arms after every play trying to get people in the Joel to make noise he would get clowned on this board. It looked silly IMO.

I found it as sad more so than smart. They have been to back to back Elite 8s & this guy can't get 6500 people to make noise during an ACC game. I am surprised he has lasted 17 yrs as the women draw much larger & louder crowds on an every game basis.
Trust me if Manning was waving his arms after every play trying to get people in the Joel to make noise he would get clowned on this board. It looked silly IMO.

Ha maybe. But I've seen lots of coaches do this. Not every play though... attendance at so many college games is weak, plus fouls plus TV timeouts... people start checking out.

He also knows that game was absolutely essential for them to get back on track. A loss there would probably tank their season. So he may have been a bit desperate but shit it is his job and he wanted to make full use of home environment.

Surprised he has lasted 17 years? Why he's a good coach. Unless you mean why he hasn't left ND for a better program? I see it both ways. He probably had less pressure than most ACC schools because hoops will always be no.2 to FB. He's having success there. He would prob need to move for a final 4 chance but would you trade all that for the potential of being fired after a few years if you aren't awesome? Only school they really would make sense is Duke but looks like that's Capel's job to lose.

Both sad and smart. It was effective and their crowd was into it a lot more in the second half (obviously the play on court had something to do with that).

But yeah, ND fans don't seem too into their team on the whole. We got tickets in the lower bowl 15 rows up for $15.

Back