• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame to the ACC

Ernst Grafenberg

Reaction score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Notre Dame will join ACC as full member w/exception of football. ND will play 5 football games annually vs. ACC, sources told @ESPN

Horrible. It should be all or nothing. We've basically become the Big East while the Big East has become C-USA.

Get your money for nothing and you're bitches for free.

Yeah, that's bs. I don't like it.

Uh, who cares about ND other than football? Isn't that what expansion is all about?

Last edited:
I'm sure this is the first step towards full membership, including football.

Screw Notre Dame- this is the signal they will consider themselves bigger than the conference and violate the other schools when they want to do so.

I want to see details. I think it'd be acceptable if there was a plan in place for them to eventually play a full ACC schedule (like, within 3 years, and with a significant financial penalty if they back out of a full schedule).

Great move, if true. It's obviously a stepping stone to full membership. Five games per year is already more than half a full conference slate.

I want to see details. I think it'd be acceptable if there was a plan in place for them to eventually play a full ACC schedule (like, within 3 years, and with a significant financial penalty if they back out of a full schedule).

That must be the plan. Will begin playing 5 ACC football games annually. Swofford can't be that stupid.

I imagine that Wellman/Hatch played the largest role in brokering this deal. They should be commended for that, if true. And, if Wellman played the major role in this as I believe he did, he could probably waltz into the Commissioner job if he ever wanted to.

I'm going to get upset over a single tweet that hasn't yet been confirmed.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Back