• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame vs. Purdue

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
It's on Saturday night at 8pm on ESPN, which apparently shows that power Notre Dame still has since it's surprising ESPN would show an unranked Notre Dame vs. a not very good Purdue team in their prime time slot. I wonder if we can look for something similar in terms of start time when they visit us in November?

Let's see how the next month goes. That should shed some light on the time slot.

Their game at Pitt last weekend was a nooner, so I guess it's just a toss-up and will obviously depend on the other matchups that weekend.

It's on Saturday night at 8pm on ESPN, which apparently shows that power Notre Dame still has since it's surprising ESPN would show an unranked Notre Dame vs. a not very good Purdue team in their prime time slot. I wonder if we can look for something similar in terms of start time when they visit us in November?

Big Ten sets all of their night home games before the season starts, so this game with Purdue was already set for 8pm before one game was played. It would have been on ESPN at 8pm even if both teams were winless.

Big Ten sets all of their night home games before the season starts, so this game with Purdue was already set for 8pm before one game was played. It would have been on ESPN at 8pm even if both teams were winless.

So does the ACC get completely slapped around? Why do we not have a similar deal? Also, is there a worse deal than Raycom in major conferences? I'm not trying to be a ja just trying to get some insight, mainly from the few on here that can predict the entire TV schedule.

seems we have a new goeveryteamintheworld poster

seems we have a new goeveryteamintheworld poster

I think I'll change my screen name to deaconstigersspartanstidebulldogsgatorspackbroncoshuskieslonghornssoonershuskerscycloneswolverinesbuckeyeshuricanesgoldenhurricanethecardinalorangeredhawksbullspanthersmountaineersboilermakersaggieslobosrocketspiratesphoenixpalladinsterriersramsmidshipmencadetsfalconsquakersgamecocksbluehoos:D

Notre Dame negotiated their own TV deal. Every Notre Dame game is slated to be on TV before the season starts. Every home game is on NBC and every road game is on ABC/ESPN. It has nothing to do with Purdue.

Notre Dame negotiated their own TV deal. Every Notre Dame game is slated to be on TV before the season starts. Every home game is on NBC and every road game is on ABC/ESPN. It has nothing to do with Purdue.

It has nothing to do with Purdue, but the gametimes must not be set in advance, otherwise we'd already know what time our game with them would be. My point was it shows how much power Notre Dame must have to get the primetime slot against non-name opponent and what are the chances their game against us ends up getting the primetime slot?

Sure it does. Every road game is not on ABC/ESPN (in fact, when they play at Navy, it's on CBS....if they were to ever play at an SEC team, it would also more than likely be on CBS). Every road game falls under the visiting team's TV contract, so 95% of the time, that will be ABC or ESPN.

And as to the other poster's question, the Big 10 is the only conference that sets all of their night games prior to the start of the season, in addition to not playing any night games in November. Part of it is weather concerns, but the Big 10 has the clout (due to their TV drawing power) to set those conditions with ABC/ESPN/BTN. That is why the start time for Notre Dame's game with Purdue was known back in June, and Wake will have to wait until 12 days before the game to find out.

Back