• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now that the Season is Over - From a Long-Time Supporter

This more than anything else....

There are 345 Div 1A head coaches. Throw in top Div 1A assistants and good lower level head coaches, and one is left to wonder how Bzz was even on Wellman's short list, much less at the top of it. He shouldn't have been in the top 100.

Wtf? Lol.

For whatever reason, publicly backing or expressing confidence in someone even though you don't actually feel that way is acceptable to even the most ethical. You're saying nice things and doing what's best for the program that particular day. As I said, he's smart and for Gods sake of course he knows he made a mistake hiring Buzz. He's certainly smart enough to avoid standing up before the fanbase midseason and telling them that Buzz is doing a bad job and the future sucks with him.

And what is keeping Wellman from firing Buzz? Money we still owe Dino? If he really believes he made a mistake then go ahead and fix it now. It really seems like the only reason he doesn't is we can't afford another buyout.

And what is keeping Wellman from firing Buzz? Money we still owe Dino? If he really believes he made a mistake then go ahead and fix it now. It really seems like the only reason he doesn't is we can't afford another buyout.

I don't believe this. They tend to find the money to do what they want to do. Anyway, isn't there a bump in revenue coming with the expansion?

To clarify, if what guitardecac posted is true, the it seems money is the only hinderance to firing Buzz. If it's notmoney then RW must think things are going to work.

There is a bump in revenue coming from the new television contract and then another coming from expansion.

I'm not sure exactly when we will see that new revenue though. Whenever it is will be pretty much the ideal time for a coaching change.

I don't think money is what's holding us back if Ron Wellman thinks [Redacted] won't work out; it would be perception.

There is a bump in revenue coming from the new television contract and then another coming from expansion.

I'm not sure exactly when we will see that new revenue though. Whenever it is will be pretty much the ideal time for a coaching change.

I don't think money is what's holding us back if Ron Wellman thinks [Redacted] won't work out; it would be perception.

I agree with the bold...

It may be perception. But to an outsider, what raises an eyebrow: Buzz is fired after two awful years, or Dino is fired after three decent years that saw mild improvement (no postseason wins to one isn't much but it's something). Not defending Dino, he sucked. But I don't think casual observers see that.

But, whatever the case, we are going to be having this discussion for at least another year.

Firing two coaches with a combined tenure of 5 years would raise eyebrows. Not that 6 is all that much better.

Not that I disagree with the decision to fire Dino nor would I disagree with the decision to fire [Redacted].

Firing two coaches with a combined tenure of 5 years would raise eyebrows. Not that 6 is all that much better.

Not that I disagree with the decision to fire Dino nor would I disagree with the decision to fire [Redacted].

As opposed to our actual court performance which tends to "close eyes."

The sports world pretty much all said WTF after we hired Buzz, and now they make jokes about us. Fire Buzz now. End the nightmare. It will be viewed universally as a positive move, and Wake will still be an attractive job for a quality coach.

Anybody that's ever met Bzz would understand why we fired him. He's a fucking dud. A lifeless piece of shit.

He's your friend's weird dad who's into yoga way too much and other weird new world shit. He has zero social skills, is incredibly awkward, and you just wanna get the fuck out of there whenever you see him. We all know that guy.

The sports world pretty much all said WTF after we hired Buzz, and now they make jokes about us. Fire Buzz now. End the nightmare. It will be viewed universally as a positive move, and Wake will still be an attractive job for a quality coach.

I am just attempting explain what Wellman's reasoning could be. Obviously it isn't going to make all that much sense...

I am just attempting explain what Wellman's reasoning could be. Obviously it isn't going to make all that much sense...

Whether it's 6 or 7 years, I think the same concern for outside coaches will remain. The national media has never supported Wellman with this hire and the fan base is obviously lost as well. It won't matter to the media or most fans whether he fires him now or after a few years--although most fans would probably prefer sooner than later. It's very apparent it was a mistake. Sh*t happens. He can own up to it in private when hiring new coaches. Humility is a good thing.

Regardless of whether it happens now or in two years, Wellman will need to convince a new coach to trust him. Not because of Bzz, but because of Dino. I supported the Dino fire, btw. Wellman would be fine had he hired a young stud or someone with a track-record.

Whether it's 6 or 7 years, I think the same concern for outside coaches will remain. The national media has never supported Wellman with this hire and the fan base is obviously lost as well. It won't matter to the media or most fans whether he fires him now or after a few years--although most fans would probably prefer sooner than later. It's very apparent it was a mistake. Sh*t happens. He can own up to it in private when hiring new coaches. Humility is a good thing.

Regardless of whether it happens now or in two years, Wellman will need to convince a new coach to trust him. Not because of Bzz, but because of Dino. I supported the Dino fire, btw. Wellman would be fine had he hired a young stud or someone with a track-record.

How can this make so much sense and yet we're still stuck with Boozer?

Dino was fired because, in Wellman's words, he is a "greaseball WOP." Wellman--what kind of name is Wellman anyway, sounds vaguely Jewish--despised Dino for being a proud Italian American. He put the "kabash" on team spaghetti and meatballs night, and ordered Dino to remove an autographed picture of Robert Deniro from his office wall. BabyDeac75 can verify this if he dares. He complained that Dino wore too much cologne and always "reeked of garlic." If Dino's last name were Prosser, he'd still be here winning games.

In a nutshell, the entire demise of our basketball program is due to Dino's olive toned skin.

I think we have our answer right here.

Back