• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now the AD is Calling Prospective Ticket Buyers

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
I came back from a meeting and had a message on my machine. It was a guy from the ticket office who has my office number because I had discussions with them about football tickets. He noted that I had attend WFU sporting events in the past and would I be interested in attending some basketball games.

This is what it has come to. We have entered the telemarketing stage of the [Redacted] era.

So... we can't call into the coach's show but they can telemarket us at home. Sounds like an opportunity to voice some... uh... concerns.

They're successfully institutionalizing stupidity.

So... we can't call into the coach's show but they can telemarket us at home. Sounds like an opportunity to voice some... uh... concerns.

They're successfully institutionalizing stupidity.

You can still call in, but you have to leave a message and that message has to be approved by Ron's goons and then Stan must approve it for air and then it gets to Bzzzz. You know, almost like calling in live.....:thumbsup:

It's pretty common now for most ADs to have outbound sales groups. We were one of the first schools to start in 2010.

It's pretty common now for most ADs to have outbound sales groups. We were one of the first schools to start in 2010.

It occured to me that it wasn't long ago when an outbound sales group wasn't really necessary.

Interesting. I was offered two tickets for the Syracuse game today from a new friend that can't use his.

I haven't set foot in The Joel since March 7, 2010 (Wake 70, Clemson 65 . . . aka Dino's last home game). I still refuse to actually buy tickets, but in a weird way, I do want to be able to say that I saw some small piece of the Bzderror with my own two eyes.

Call them back...tell them you'll buy some tix when they fire the coach.

There's only one response you should give today:

"I'm so sick and tired of being asked about buying basketball tickets."

"Let's make a pact. Fire the AD and his trainwreck of a coach, and I'll be back as a ticket buyer faster than you can say 'Fuck Duke'."

It's not unusual for ticket offices to reach out to fans who have attended other events. Both pro and college teams do it. I've gotten calls from the Celtics this year, BC and also from Maryland (I attended Wake/MD like 3 years ago down there). You made it sound like the AD himself was calling people... I would have thought that was unusual. Ticket office staff trying to sell tickets? Nothing to see here.

I came back from a meeting and had a message on my machine. It was a guy from the ticket office who has my office number because I had discussions with them about football tickets. He noted that I had attend WFU sporting events in the past and would I be interested in attending some basketball games.

This is what it has come to. We have entered the telemarketing stage of the [Redacted] era.

I began getting calls the year after I aged out of young alumni. The AD has been doing that for quite sometime. It was almost annoying how often they called the year following the orange bowl.

I guess I've flown under the radar then. I've been a DC member and football season ticket holder for the past twelve years and never received a call. The emails started coming only a few years ago.

This ticket dialathon promotion could be ended very quickly... Just Hire an energetic successful basketball coach and appoint a competent AD...The fans would be begging for tickets!

I got a call this afternoon. I was teaching math but took it anyway. Immediately I could tell the person was embarrassed and had probably heard all sorts of rants throughout the day. I told him what I always say. I continue to buy football tickets and a parking pass because it is an event. I have ceased all other giving to Wake until either Emperor Wellman and or Buzz is canned. I said my piece politely and the young man thanked me for my support in football.

Interesting. I was offered two tickets for the Syracuse game today from a new friend that can't use his.

I haven't set foot in The Joel since March 7, 2010 (Wake 70, Clemson 65 . . . aka Dino's last home game). I still refuse to actually buy tickets, but in a weird way, I do want to be able to say that I saw some small piece of the Bzderror with my own two eyes.

We've been to multiple games. Haven't paid a cent yet. Even got into the Miami game for free last year & doing the same for ND on Saturday.

Back