• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NSFW "Asian Girlz" by the band Day Above Ground- Is it racist?

Is it racist?

• It sucks, but NOT RACIST

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • RACIST!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Numbers/Doofus

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
"I love your sticky rice / buttfucking all night," "I love your creamy yellow thighs / Ooh your slanted eyes," and "it's the Year of the Dragon / Ninja pussy I'm stabbin'."

The hot chick in the vid apologized: After being bombarded with reprovals asking her why she sold out Asian women "for a little bit of money," Tran expressed remorse for her part in the fiasco, tweeting, "I sincerely apologize to all who feels (sic) that I set Asian women back 50 yrs. I know I lost respect from a lot of ppl. It wasn't my intention."
and later posted this:
I’m not perfect. I make mistakes. All I know is that I’m a good daughter. I’m a good person who is kind to people. I work hard. I keep reminding myself to not listen to the negative comments people say about me. No one will ever really know who I am unless I let them in. Just because I have a few provocative photos does not make me any less of a person. I’m a woman. I am ok with my sexuality. Most of my post have to do with food and fitness. Which is what I’m about. It’s taken a long time to build confidence and I’m not giving it up. To those of you who are still struggling to block out the negativity- stay strong. People say the meanest things sometime.
Meanwhile, Day Above Ground also gave apologizing another shot:

This song is us, Day Above Ground, making fun of ourselves (and many, many other guys) obsession with the always lovely, Asian Woman. It pushes this concept to an absurd level, but at the same time is endearing & submissive.. WE ARE NOT RACIST, HAHA! I mean, look at our band, it’s multicultural!! The guy in the bow-tie, our cutie bass player, was born in Indonesia, and he steals the show!! Please don’t take this tongue-in-cheek tribute to some of the most gorgeous women on the planet too seriously!! You’ll ruin the fun of it all!! Thanks for watching, sincerely!!
http://gawker.com/most-racist-song-ever-isnt-racist-says-the-racist-ban-987408740

Last edited:
I'm guessing a NSFW tag should be appropriate here, right?

If a small, unimportant tree falls in a deep, unpopulated wood, does anyone really know or give a shit?

I find it more funny than offensive (while still being terrible). Ninja pussy i'm stabbin' is GOLD.

Kind of a Brobdingnag meets tats, a whiney tune, and sophomoric lyrics. Well, the chick was good-looking, but that's a bare minimum for a video.

I wonder what Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts would have done with videos?

I thought that was just an asian male sterotype?

5802136090_06fb14cb39.jpg

only on these boards would we have people complaining about a video of a hot chick

of course, i'm sure Sir Baldamore will claim he tapped that ass in some swanky manhattan club bathroom.

It sucks that she's getting so much heat over this video. It hurts to see hot chicks treated like that.

So this is what Mark McGrath is doing now, I was not wondering.

I'm normally not into mega - tatted girls but an exception can be made here.

Back