• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NWT - Duke hoops on TV 3 times in August

deacfreke2

Reaction score
Found this story today on Duke's upcoming foreign trip to China and Dubai.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...uke-games-from-china-to-be-televised-on-espnu

There are ~ 20 schools taking foreign trips this year. Duke's the only one having their games televised.

Reading about foreign trips being available once every four years makes me wonder if Wake will take advantage of this soon. My # 2 college team, the SLU Billikens, are getting ready to head to Canada which seems like a relatively cheap way to make the trip. Teams are allowed 10 days of practice prior, and incoming frosh are eligible to go if they've met certain summer school requirements. SLUs coaches are taking them through 2 a days which I guess is allowed.

Can't recall Wake ever having done this. I'd like to see us take advantage of it. Next year seems like a good time start.

Last edited:
We've done it before (in the last 5 years or so) but I can't remember specifically when. It would be pretty useful to get in the extra practice days, especially with a talented class coming in. Maybe we could use it next year...

Where did we go last? Puerto Rico or the DR or something?

We've done it before (in the last 5 years or so) but I can't remember specifically when. It would be pretty useful to get in the extra practice days, especially with a talented class coming in. Maybe we could use it next year...

Where did we go last? Puerto Rico or the DR or something?

It was Utah.

We went to The Bahamas I believe.

Kentucky went to Canada last year and their 3 games were televised locally in KY but no national telecast.

Love the idea of doing this in 2012. Perhaps that falls under Childress's duties, he should have tons of contacts in the European basketball community after all.

Back