• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama calling out Congress to "Rebuild America"

I don't think he's dumb. I just think he's a believer in the legislative process. He thought he was hitching the Congressional Dems to his wagon, not vice versa. Now he's holding on to those beliefs.

Edit: Believing in the legislative process is pretty dumb.

I guess but it seems way more logical to say "here is my plan. Because I am way more popular than any of you I am going to take my plan to the people. You want to challenge me on it...good luck but you would be smart to jump on board". I am no James Carville but if I can see that I would hope Obama or someone in his Administration could...I guess not.

I guess but it seems way more logical to say "here is my plan. Because I am way more popular than any of you I am going to take my plan to the people. You want to challenge me on it...good luck but you would be smart to jump on board". I am no James Carville but if I can see that I would hope Obama or someone in his Administration could...I guess not.

That implies that he has a plan. He is as clueless as they are; he just happens to be a better public speaker.

I completely agree. But he's a consensus builder and believed that Americans wanted to see bi-partisan legislation.

The thing is with the numbers he had, his advisors wanted him to join up with Congress and gang up on the Pubs with health care. That wasn't the way to execute his plan (if he had a plan).

It may not matter. If enough of these kinds of stories keep surfacing, whoever the Republicans nominate will be able to hang the failed stimulus bill (and accompanying debt) around Obama's neck and watch him sink like an anchor.

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/technology/general/view.bg?articleid=1358998&pos=breaking

Scroll to the bottom of the White House memo to see the tie back to the stimulus bill.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/progressreports/Massachusetts

I would love to see an updated progress report on all of the businesses and programs that received stimulus money. My guess is that it would be littered with this kind of failure.

Back