• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama is coming for my guns again.....

This is akin to an argument we had on the MD Scout board years ago about the UN official saying people had no right to self-defense. The official actually said we had not right to possess a firearm in our homes for that purpose. Bad enough, but not the same thing.

The American people, whatever their persuasions, are not going to allow the government to go along with a UN plan to disarm the populace. Much ado about nothing.

This is akin to an argument we had on the MD Scout board years ago about the UN official saying people had no right to self-defense. The official actually said we had not right to possess a firearm in our homes for that purpose. Bad enough, but not the same thing.

The American people, whatever their persuasions, are not going to allow the government to go along with a UN plan to disarm the populace. Much ado about nothing.

Right. this has nothing to do with domestic arms laws. It's all about the international arms trade. The NRA opposes it because they are heavily funded by gun manufacturers.

? big deal

"According to Reuters, U.S. officials have also acknowledged — albeit in private — that the treaty would not infringe on domestic gun ownership or sales and would only affect exports. Reuters adds:

The main reason the arms trade talks are taking place at all is that the United States – the world’s biggest arms trader accounting for more than 40 percent of global conventional arms transfers – reversed U.S. policy on the issue after Obama was first elected and decided in 2009 to support a treaty."

So, what's the idea here? To restrict gun exports to specific countries? I'm confused.

the Obama is gonna take our guns argument may be the stupidest of all the very stupid arguments that conservatives make against him. I heard an interview on NPR with a pro gun control group who grades politicans based on their gun control stances and he gave Obama an F. He railed on Obama for completely ignoring gun control during his first term.

the Obama is gonna take our guns argument may be the stupidest of all the very stupid arguments that conservatives make against him. I heard an interview on NPR with a pro gun control group who grades politicans based on their gun control stances and he gave Obama an F. He railed on Obama for completely ignoring gun control during his first term.
I keep telling my gun packing pub friends this but it falls on deaf ears.....smh

Back