• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama is leaving a Democratic Party in shambles

But you have to figure a ton of Trump voters in places like CA didn't bother voting cause what's the point. If rules were different maybe Trump would have way more votes. There are plenty of areas where he never, or rarely, campaigned, because it's not based on the pv. You try to win using a strategy based on the system we have.

I would also figure a lot of dems don't turn out to vote because they figure it is a foregone conclusion in CA. Just like dems who don't turn out to vote in Mississippi or Alabama because they know their votes don't matter there. System sucks, man. I agree.

I love that when Shoo posts, none of the other libs comment. It's like a collective, "Ohhh, not touching that one."

I tend to agree with shoo and comment, im just not in the EC/PV argument. Im trolling BKF while I eat my lunch at my desk.

I would also figure a lot of dems don't turn out to vote because they figure it is a foregone conclusion in CA. Just like dems who don't turn out to vote in Mississippi or Alabama because they know their votes don't matter there. System sucks, man. I agree.

I love that when Shoo posts, none of the other libs comment. It's like a collective, "Ohhh, not touching that one."

I didn't comment on this because it's a completely obvious point. It's one reason why it's hard to rely on the popular vote. So many races are forgone conclusions that we don't know how many people from either side just don't bother to vote.

Not going to stop -- even if the EC favors the dems but PV favors the Pubs. I still have not seen a valid reason to keep it that outweighs the reasons for getting rid of it going forward. I understand it is the way it is and always has been, but that is never a valid reason not to change. I understand that it will change the way campaigns are run -- who gives a shit? It's not like they way the are run now is ideal. I'm all in on the national popular vote interstate compact (more than 60% of the way there). This should be a priority issue for everyone in the interest of fairness but, obviously, the the people whose votes count more than others will be against it because they want the power, so it should at least be a priority issue for dems.

Also, not going to stop mentioning it when people start talking about how Trump reflects the will of the US, or has a mandate, etc., because that is obviously BS when he gets trounced in the PV. His win reflects the will of the electoral college and the will of people whose votes count more than others.

Okay, I hear you. And again, I agree the PV makes much more sense than the EC. I just seriously doubt that in my lifetime we're getting a constitutional amendment abolishing the EC. I also believe in not engaging with the Junebug and bkf trolls of the world.

I tend to agree with shoo and comment, im just not in the EC/PV argument. Im trolling BKF while I eat my lunch at my desk.

Take a picture, because you won't be doing that for long. I predict by May you'll be eating steak every day. You'll eat so much steak, you'll be tired of steak. You won't even remember what a colossal loser you were by June.

Take a picture, because you won't be doing that for long. I predict by May you'll be eating steak every day. You'll eat so much steak, you'll be tired of steak. You won't even remember what a colossal loser you were by June.
I'll be around to remind him.

No, it's about the fact that the votes of people in Wyoming count 4 times as much as the votes of people in NY.
By my count you could argue 3 times (0.012 ECV/V vs 0.004 ECV/V) but....so what? I guess you think Congress is unfair too because Wyoming has 2 Sen but only 584k people....0.003 Sen/pop......vs New with 2 Sen and 19,756k people.....0.0001 Sen/pop. That's a 30-fold difference.

If you want your vote to be more effective in Congress or for President using that kind of metric, move to Wyoming or any of the other states in the union. Become one of the little people.

You have to love this president. He tells the protesters not to remain silent. Once again showing his ability to organize communties

72aa3b08a40ff1f6b345b45b8a83598a.png

Nah, reading these boards has cured me of that. I can see Democrats now for what they are.....and I'm thankful to some of the guys here for opening my eyes about that.

You have the convictions of an ostrich.

At the end of the day President Trump is a winner. He's always been a winner.

Back