• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama moving G8 summit from Chicago to Camp David

Good thing.

I was talking to my girlfriend about this the other day. If the purpose of these meetings is for world leaders to get together behind closed doors and talk things out, I don't see why it should be in such a public place. Camp David is a nice place for them.

I wonder if it got to the point where the cost of containing and cleaning up after the protesters outweighed the benefits of having the summit in town. I wouldn't be surprised if Rahm privately asked Obama to move it.

Good move. Protestors have been raising hell and causing loads of damage at these summits lately. Have it in the woods where all they can do is vandalize trees about 20 miles away.

The optics of these protests would not have been good for President O in a summer before the election.

Back