• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama on Jimmy Fallon

DeaconSoDear

A.W. Hamilton
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this and thought it deserved some discussion, my apologies if I missed it.

Should the POTUS be on a late night talk show?

Regardless of how appropriate you think it is, how do you think he did?

Is this just an attempt to reinvigorate young voters? Is all the current talk about student loan rates just trying to get young voters to come out to the polls?

Is it reasonable that I got stuck on I-40 for 20 minutes yesterday because they were shutting parts down for him? No.

What a ridiculous thing to bitch about.

Complain about the fact that he is openly campaigning on the taxpayer dollar if you want to lodge a legit gripe.

It wasn't a gripe. I was just curious what some others thought about it. The last item was a joke.

I didn't see a thread on this and thought it deserved some discussion, my apologies if I missed it.

Should the POTUS be on a late night talk show? Why not? If people who watch these things usually only see movie stars drivel on about their 'woe is me' trip to the grocery store when they couldn't find the right kind of toothpaste, they may as well see something worthwhile and informative. Plus, as far as campaigning goes, it makes total sense to reach out to that audience for the 'cool' vote (something Obama is really, really good at and Mitt sucks at).

Regardless of how appropriate you think it is, how do you think he did? Pretty well.

Is this just an attempt to reinvigorate young voters? Is all the current talk about student loan rates just trying to get young voters to come out to the polls? Duh. While he may snag some other votes from it as well, it's absolutely intended to get the young vote. He won the election with that demographic last time, he needs to grab those people again. A lot of the people he is speaking to with regards to student loans are the same people who voted for him for the very first time when they turned 18 last election. They're 22 now, graduating college, and most likely have student loan debt.

Is it reasonable that I got stuck on I-40 for 20 minutes yesterday because they were shutting parts down for him? No.

see green.

aw man, i loved slow jamming the news... especially when he came out to thundrous applause and then introduced himself (AS IF WE DIDNT KNOW).
he didn't actually sing, but overall i thought it was pretty sweet.

Was it OK for Romney to be on Letterman?

"Asking the question" is a RW tlaking point for today. Rush, Faux News (who kissed Romney's ass after Letterman) and other talking heads are slamming Obama for it.

I guess romney can't go on SNL or Leno or any other show that will be inviting him.

"asking this question" is like saying "I hear your wife fucked the mail man and the neighbor's dog" is OK becuase you just "heard" it.

man, sodear got a lot of hate for what i thought was a thread start with some interesting questions.

What else does Romney have to do? Does he have a job?

What a ridiculous thing to bitch about.

Complain about the fact that he is openly campaigning on the taxpayer dollar if you want to lodge a legit gripe.

There was a good story on All Things Considered yesterday about how reimbursements are done to separate out campaign expenses from Presidential expenses for an incumbent candidate. That is a pretty ridiculous comment, LK. Dude is President 24/7. Anything he does will be considered campaigning.

Now if you want a real gripe, complain about how our election system requires the President and other incumbents to campaign and fundraise almost non-stop instead of doing their jobs.

There was a good story on All Things Considered yesterday about how reimbursements are done to separate out campaign expenses from Presidential expenses for an incumbent candidate. That is a pretty ridiculous comment, LK. Dude is President 24/7. Anything he does will be considered campaigning.

Now if you want a real gripe, complain about how our election system requires the President and other incumbents to campaign and fundraise almost non-stop instead of doing their jobs.

pos rep

You got on I-40 KNOWING the President was in town? Fail. I avoided the interstate like the effing plague yesterday.

Back