• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama Overruled Top Advisers on Libya

Imagine if Bush had overruled a few of his "advisors."

Good post freak.

Hate to break it to you, but they both had congressional authorization to do use military force, in spite of the Dems best attempts to backpedal later.

That having been said, it's still Obama's prerogative to veto his advisers. The question though is why? He still has not given an explanation for what is going on in Libya, and he has ignored the deadlines. His actions defy explanation. It's not like people are suddenly going to think he's hawkish for bombing the shit out of Libya.

Good question. I feel like the Obama has two bad choices here. Libya had nuclear technology, one, and two, whatever choices Obama makes in the Middle East regarding uprisings in Bahrain, Yemim, Syria, Egypt, Libya, etc... you have to look forward 10 years from now. Libya seemed the easiest govt to topple since the military is filled with guns4hire and the people largely oppose him. If Libya falls, does that help other countries? Help stabilize the region long term? Don't know the answer, but Libya is not filled with highly educated people the way Egypt and Iran are, so maybe Middle East thinkers believe that getting a comparatively unedcuated pliable country headed in a good direction with change the road map significantly. That's the only rationale I can put my finger and get something resembling a pulse.

Back