• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama signs executive "finding" to covertly aide Syrian rebels

A lot of Al Qaeda mixed in with the "good guys" fighting al-Assad, particularly jihadists who are already active in Iraq. I wouldn't be so happy just yet.

It puts us in a better position after they win. It also helps us put clamps on extremists after the victory.

Anyone else amused at the use of the words "covert" and "secret" in describing this? Just seems like odd wording.

How do you figure that?

We'll be funding people in the inside of the winning side. We'll promise to fund them more. There will be strings attached.

Plus we'll have assets inside their leadership we wouldn't if we stayed on the sidelines.

We'll be funding people in the inside of the winning side. We'll promise to fund them more. There will be strings attached.

Plus we'll have assets inside their leadership we wouldn't if we stayed on the sidelines.

How did that turn out everywhere else we've tried it. We need to stay the hell out, its Russia's proxy war. Not ours.

If this was Bush or Romney, RJ would be having a shit fit about this...

No, if this were Bush or Romney we'd be sending troops and occupying for decades. Obama figured out we didn't have send troops to get rid of dictators.

If Obama ever lies to start a war, I will oppose just as much. I've called McNamara a disgusting traitor dozens of times. He's no different than Cheney, Wolfowitz, Feith and Rumsfeld.

I'm not glad that we are getting involved, but I do appreciate the limited scope of the involvement. And like RJ seemed to imply, we waited it out and are picking the winning side which can't hurt.

Probably, but the usual gang of idiots on the right would be tuning up for a rousing rendition of "Proud to be an American" if the shoe was on the other foot. As a matter of fact, hasn't jh been calling for military intervention in Syria for months?

Probably, but the usual gang of idiots on the right would be tuning up for a rousing rendition of "Proud to be an American" if the shoe was on the other foot. As a matter of fact, hasn't jh been calling for military intervention in Syria for months?

Not sure if jh has, but 89DeaconMike has been all over it for some time.

Like Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood is waiting in the wings. I'd let Russia deal with it. It will give Putin something to do apart from skimming off the Russian oil billionaires.

Back