• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama to support SuperPACS

Carter was Rickover's hand picked guy in the Navy. It was Carter's direction to make the smart weaposns program a priority.

So? It doesn't take much ingenuity to tell military officers to improve weapons technology. Saying Carter is responsible for smart weapons is about equivalent to saying that Al Gore invented the Internet.

As to the Olympics, You're right you know more than I do. like you do about all subjects.

Remind me again how many groups of Russians you hosted in the US after the fall? You're right people from the political science department Moscow State University know less than you.

People directly involved with Soviet Olympic teams and the Bolshoi know less than you as well. I guess Derbenev knew less than you did. How many contracts did you have with him?

Appeal to authority. Come up with something better. If you honestly think the 1980 boycott was responsible for the fall of the USSR, you are more than delusional, you are a complete idiot. The 1980 boycott couldn't even get the Soviets to leave Afghanistan. They were there for another ten years.

Actually REagan and the State Department opposed expanding Carter's program with the Mujahadeen. It was Joe Wilson who tricked the DOD and State Department.

Nope, you could not be more wrong. Ever heard of the Reagan Doctrine? William Casey? Operation Cyclone? And you mean Charlie Wilson, not Joe Wilson.

--

I never said it was THE reason. I said "His not going to the Olympics helped defeat the USSR

It DID help bring down the USSR. It brought questions to society where questions could not be handled.

Of course you have NEVER shown the integrity it would take to say "I misread what RJ posted. I was wrong in my post and to call him names."

I won't hold my breath. You havenever shown this type of honesty or manners.

I've only skimmed this thread, but wanted to mention that most aren't aware of Carter's free hand with covert military ops. Peanuts wasn't a great president, but he was not soft.

I never said it was THE reason. I said "His not going to the Olympics helped defeat the USSR

It DID help bring down the USSR. It brought questions to society where questions could not be handled.

Of course you have NEVER shown the integrity it would take to say "I misread what RJ posted. I was wrong in my post and to call him names."

I won't hold my breath. You havenever shown this type of honesty or manners.

I didn't misread what you said. It's just as ridiculous either way. Either boycotting the 1980 Olympics was causally sufficient in bringing down the USSR, or it was only causally relevant, in which case it is ridiculous to cite it as a reason why Carter was strong on defense.

Just like you defend the immoral actions of AIG, I didn't think you'd be honest enough to admit to this.

If you ever spoke with political scientists from Moscow State or someone who was next Yeltsin when he brought down Gorbachev, you might actually understand the reasoning behind things.

Of course none of this has anything to do with Obama or SuperPACs.

Just like you defend the immoral actions of AIG, I didn't think you'd be honest enough to admit to this.

If you ever spoke with political scientists from Moscow State or someone who was next Yeltsin when he brought down Gorbachev, you might actually understand the reasoning behind things.

Hilarious. Are we really going to start this again for the fifth time? Are you really that oblivious that you don't realize you were wrong every time we discussed AIG? Each time I asked you to point to a pre-2008 statute that demonstrated the illegality of AIG's actions. Each time I asked you to demonstrate how AIG's actions were immoral. You were never able to. All you've done is disappear, wait until those threads fell off the front page, and then recycled the same incorrect arguments. Is this going to continue ad infinitum? Probably, you clearly aren't honest enough to admit when you are wrong.

And as impressed as I am with your name dropping (or at least title dropping) of Soviet political scientists (known for, among other things, predicting the 2010 collapse of the United States), just about every political scientist and statesman would reject the claim that the 1980 boycott played any significant role in the downfall of the Soviet Union.

Only RWers in the US take your position regarding the Olympics. those who had positions of responibility understand how our boycott of the Olympics and starting the funding of the mujahadeen impacted the downfall of the USSR.

As to AIG, it would be legal to fukc your wife. But it's not moral. AIG fucxked millions wives and daughters.

Boycotting was a super puss move. Way to ruin something people have worked for their entire lives in order for to try to get reelected.

And way to ruin the one thing that people look to, to forget about all the troubles of the world. Sports.

If Carter felt so strongly about Afghanistan he should have done something himself, instead of fucking hardworking Americans out of the opportunity to represent their country at the highest level.

Tuffs is dropping knowledge on you old people.

The generation that elected Carter, boycotted Moscow, and left me with no Social Security dollars should be ashamed. The older I get, the more I realized how much of a failure you were/are. Worst generation ever.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH..........gimme gimme gimme...,..you can't do it for yourselves....so blame others...yep all we did was civil rights, go to the moon...create the information age ....being down the USSR....

do you need help shaking your dick too?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH..........gimme gimme gimme...,..you can't do it for yourselves....so blame others...yep all we did was civil rights, go to the moon...create the information age ....being down the USSR....

do you need help shaking your dick too?

No, those were things that happened during your lifetime. How many 13 year olds worked on the Apollo Program?

Last edited:
Your entire life value is built on wealth that's not even real. You mortgaged your grand kid's future so that everyone could own a home. As a sum, your generation is nothing more than a missed abortion.

When society reflects on your era in 100 years you'll be nothing more than a bunch of pampered kids who took advantage of your parents hard work. Enjoy your cake. I'll be here trying to clean up your mess you man-child.

Back