• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's Enemies List

1. Sad to not know anyone on the list.

2. Hope to be on such list one day.

Any candidate for any federal office (and probably many state offices) who have the technical capability will have done this.

Exactly why is it "slimey" to tell the truth (with back up) about who supports your opponent?

OK. I'd still like to know who else has created long lists of donors to their opponents and called the reputations of each such person on the list into question. I'm not talking one or two people who have criminal records and are easy fodder to attack the opponent, but rather actually attacking a fairly long list of donors who don't have criminal records.

If you don't both parties do it, then you are being naive. There's probably a threshold and campaign aides simply do a search of the people are given.

Very likely each party has a program that automatically Googles everyone donating over X$.

Anyone who thinks anyone here can "teach" Obama anything about politics, diplomacy or the economy is completely delusional.

Knowing something and being able to get it done are two vastly different things.

Just take a look at these items:

Healthcare- for nearly twenty years the absolute foundation of the GOP's HC plans was the personal mandate- Obama does it. No the GOP calls it unconstitutional.

Boehner makes the "grand bargain" with Obama for a $4T budget deal-ten minutes later Boehner says no.

The Violence Against Women Act was passed unanimously with a voice vote. Thirty-two Republicans voted against it.

The GOP is FOR keeping student loan interest at 3.4%. EVERY Republican in the House and senate voted for the Ryan Plan. One of it's key revenue sources is raising student loan interest to 6.8%.

If you think anyone here has access to as much info as Obama does or knows as much inside stuff as he does, then you need to check into a mental health facility.

Anyone who thinks anyone here can "teach" Obama anything about politics, diplomacy or the economy is completely delusional.

Dude - Obama probably doesn't even know how to analyze a financial statement. He was a community organizer and litigator before going into politics. Obviously he is smart and has lots of advisors. But he had almost zero experience in matters of economics before taking office. And experience matters - as evidenced by his complete lack of a rational fiscal policy.

If you don't both parties do it, then you are being naive. There's probably a threshold and campaign aides simply do a search of the people are given.

Very likely each party has a program that automatically Googles everyone donating over X$.

Again, show me examples of other candidates for President who have sullied the reputations of donors - not using a donor or two in an attack add to call into question the character of their opponent - but rather maintaining a long list of donors and calling their reputations into question when they don't have criminal records. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I just can't recall it happening. So if I'm naive, show me other examples.

Dude - Obama probably doesn't even know how to analyze a financial statement. He was a community organizer and litigator before going into politics. Obviously he is smart and has lots of advisors. But he had almost zero experience in matters of economics before taking office. And experience matters - as evidenced by his complete lack of a rational fiscal policy.

Thanks for proving my point.

We were losing over 700,000/month and that number was growing. We are now adding over 200,000/month -net +900,000/month -yep that shows irrationality.

GDP -8+% and getting worse. Thirty-three consecutive months of growth. Again shows irrational fiscal policy only to lunatics.

GM - saved the American industry and added over 100,000 jobs to GM and the supply chain versus them going out of business (there was no private to save them). Once again only irrational fiscal policy to those who are irrational themselves.

Proposed $4T deficit reduction package that even that crazy liberal Alan Simpson hailed as a good start. Killed by the GOP. Again only the irrational those who have their heads buried in the sand.

I was out....here's some "questionable Obama associates:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/10/obama-about-to/

here's how you find out who gave to whom- anyone can do it:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/search_donor.php

Yep. But you still have not provided me with another example of a sitting President (or other candidate) using one of his/her official campaign sites to paint donors in a negative light. Again, not one or two who might be used to attack the candidate, but actually attacking the character of donors who have no criminal record.

Slimey.

There have only been campaign sites since 2004. totally ridiculous criteria.

Yep. But you still have not provided me with another example of a sitting President (or other candidate) using one of his/her official campaign sites to paint donors in a negative light. Again, not one or two who might be used to attack the candidate, but actually attacking the character of donors who have no criminal record.

Slimey.

It isn't slimey...that is ridiculous. If this is your definition of political 'slimeyness' I don't know why you spend time on the politics board. It is the reality of the information age. If you run for president every closet door is going to be opened and checked. This is slimey but rampaging over a candidate's preacher isn't (who is that Reverend Wright guy again?)? Come on...this is a non issue on both sides. Your victimization of the situation is no better than RJ's sensationalism. This is nothing...

Wrangor, yes it is...Obama did it.

Remember in DeacMan's world the GM bailout was irrational.

Has anyone's campaign ever called out a contributor or close associate to their competitor's campaign? I am going to venture yes. The entire Republican party ransacked Reverend Wright last year. Is there really any difference? Is someone who contributes money to a campaign any less influential than a man's pastor (to a church that he only occasionally attends anyway?)? You are grasping at straws DeacMan. This is a non issue.

Has anyone's campaign ever called out a contributor or close associate to their competitor's campaign? I am going to venture yes. The entire Republican party ransacked Reverend Wright last year. Is there really any difference? Is someone who contributes money to a campaign any less influential than a man's pastor (to a church that he only occasionally attends anyway?)? You are grasping at straws DeacMan. This is a non issue.

Bullshit it's a non-issue. Obama controls major administrative branches of government and he's calling out private citizens who've never been accused of a crime as having questionable character? That's a big deal.

Again, find me an example of when this has happened in the past? If it isn't a big deal, you should be able to find plenty of examples.

Back