• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's Reelection: Current Right Track/Wrong Track; Gallup Job Approval; Rasmussen

ncsportsnut1

Reaction score
Two of the most reliable (not infallible) indicators of a President's reelection chances have been the "right track, wrong track" polling data and the Gallup Daily Job Approval Tracking.

1) Gallup does a 3 day rolling average. Each day they poll 1500 registered voters then average the 3 days. 1/9 to 1/11 shows 48% disapprove of President Obama. 43% approve. The link is to the daily results and you can see that these numbers actually reflect a slight improvement over a month ago, but still historically low numbers at this point in the re-election cycle. You can review the last 6 weeks and there are a significant number of days where the disapproval of President Obama was over 50%. If link doesn't work you can view all this on gallup.com.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

2) Rasmussen Reports does a similar poll but uses likely voters. The most recent poll was 1/9 to 1/11, the same period as Gallup and used 1500 Likely Voters vs. 1500 Registered Voters. 52% disapproved and 47% approved. Rasmussen pollsters tend to "push" participants to decide and count "leans" to eliminate undecideds. It's interesting that the percentage gap between the approve/disapprove numbers in each poll was 5%.

3) Right track/Wrong track: A number of firms track this. I don't have access to the trends lines but you can follow it's firms to get an idea. The right track #s in several polls have improved by 4% over the past 5 or 6 weeks, most likely due to the decrease of the published unemployment rate to under 9%, and possibly some of the weekly economic news. I have no basis for that other than my opinion. The three most recent polls (Reuters, CBS, Rasmussen) cover similar periods.

Reuters 1/2 - 1/9 32.0 vs. 63.0 -31
CBS News 1/4 - 1/8 29.0 vs. 65.0 -36
Rasmussen 1/2-1/8 24.0 vs. 69.0 -45

Each of these polls compared to their most recent prior poll reflect a 4% improvement in "right track" percentage.

Thought you might enjoy the info.

Election Day is November 6.

You might asd well as poll Faux News as use Rasmussen.

No doubt Rasmussen tends to favor the Pubs. I find it ironic that you complain about someone using their results, when you roll out Brennan Center data and claim it's bi-partisan.

Back