• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Odom-In

djev336

Reaction score
Lets get dave odom back to wake! After all, he brought us Rodney Rogers, Tim Duncan, Chill, and Scooter Banks. He proved that he could recruit. Ran a really terrible half court offense at the end of his career, but heck, he is great with the media!!

Dave Odom: Stresses defense and rebounding
1 Elite Eight
2 Sweet 16's
2 ACC titles
3 NIT titles

Jeff [Redacted]: Stresses modified princeton offense while paying lip service to defense and rebounding
One postseason win not at home.

I'm a Dave Odom fan, but revisionist history isn't helping our cause. Dave got to the stage that he could not effectively recruit for Wake near the end, and he then made the unfortunate comment about not being able to recruit for a school without the name of the state in it.

I'm a Dave Odom fan, but revisionist history isn't helping our cause. Dave got to the stage that he could not effectively recruit for Wake near the end, and he then made the unfortunate comment about not being able to recruit for a school without the name of the state in it.

This.

I am a Dave Odom fan and I have a lot of respect for what he did at Wake. That said, bringing him back isn't a solution.

This.

I am a Dave Odom fan and I have a lot of respect for what he did at Wake. That said, bringing him back isn't a solution.

I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting bringing him back. But he can coach circles around Jeff [Redacted].

Hey 76, I think there was a lot of "sound and fury" about that comment. He didn't say he couldn't recruit without the name of the state, rather, when he started at other USC, he said something along the lines of "It will be good to coach at a school with the name of the state in it". I wasn't able to find the exact quote doing a quick google search. I just remember a lot of WFU fans taking offense to comments that were basically part of his "I'm happy to be here" schpiel. Let's face it, there's not much good to say about other USC than "the name of the state is in the jersey".

Dave Odom: Stresses defense and rebounding
1 Elite Eight
2 Sweet 16's
2 ACC titles
3 NIT titles

Jeff [Redacted]: Stresses modified princeton offense while paying lip service to defense and rebounding
One postseason win not at home.

Please, give me anybody but this [Redacted] character right now. It looks to me like the team quits on a dime and does not play hard on either offense or defense for nearly an entire game. You watch these tournament games and see the deficits teams have crawled back from. Not our team with these players or this coaching staff. They would have quit like Roy did and gone home in most of these circumstances.

Let's go over this again. His last recruited class was Danelius, Levy and Downey. He said at a Gamecock Club meeting after getting that job that he looked forward to coaching a team with the state in it's name as the team belonged to the entire state. What would you expect him to say at a Gamecock meeting? I think someone asked him what he thought would be different at coaching at South Carolina instead of Wake Forest. Carry on.

Let's go over this again. His last recruited class was Danelius, Levy and Downey. He said at a Gamecock Club meeting after getting that job that he looked forward to coaching a team with the state in it's name as the team belonged to the entire state. What would you expect him to say at a Gamecock meeting? I think someone asked him what he thought would be different at coaching at South Carolina instead of Wake Forest. Carry on.

yes. very true.

Back