• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Off campus housing

OriginalAdmiral

Reaction score
What does/did everyone pay in rent for off campus housing close to campus? I'm trying to figure out what would be a good deal these days. When I was there, I think it averaged around $400+ per bedroom but that was several years ago. Has it changed?

It was 1200 for 3 people, so 400 a month back in 2004-05.

I've only lived in an apartment but it was $850/month for a 3 bedroom at Carolina Woods (not the best apartment complex; 2008-2010) and ~$700 or something for a 2 bedroom at Providence Pointe (2010-2011).

My SILLY house on Rosedale was 1,000 for 3 peeps. It got condemned after we moved out. Twas a shame as it was in our frat for over a decade. One of the kids who rented it after us complained after his mom saw it. Sucked.

This was 2005-2007.

I would think most of the nicer houses on Polo would be at least $450-500 per person. I lived in a new house on the other side of Reynolda that was $400 per person and that was 10 years ago.

god damn that's so cheap compared to what I pay on the Hill in DC now.

My SILLY house on Rosedale was 1,000 for 3 peeps. It got condemned after we moved out. Twas a shame as it was in our frat for over a decade. One of the kids who rented it after us complained after his mom saw it. Sucked.

This was 2005-2007.

That house was so monte, mad close to campus, awesome yard. Although the amount of mold in it was ridiculous and probably not healthy.

We paid $105 for a two bedrooms on the West End.

Grungeway (yes we called it that 15+ years before anyone heard of Kurt cobain) was under $100 for three bedrooms. Grungeway was behind Groves Stadium.

I lived in houses on Polo (wrong side of campus), Minorcas and Yellowstone and never paid more than $500 per month. My rent on Capitol Hill is $1275. Ridiculous.

KeystoneDeac10 knows. I don't.

Shitty spot on rosedale 2008-2009 probably ran us about 1400 maybe for 4 guys?

We were definitely getting robbed whatever the price was. I'm sure one of the posters on the board who lived there the year after us could verify

4 bedroom 2 level in aspen park (across univeristy from the main gate) was closer to 1600 a month

I lived in houses on Polo (wrong side of campus), Minorcas and Yellowstone and never paid more than $500 per month. My rent on Capitol Hill is $1275. Ridiculous.

Seriously. My rent on the hill is 1225 (x2) for a basement.... this town is ridiculous.

Shitty spot on rosedale 2008-2009 probably ran us about 1400 maybe for 4 guys?

We were definitely getting robbed whatever the price was. I'm sure one of the posters on the board who lived there the year after us could verify

4 bedroom 2 level in aspen park (across univeristy from the main gate) was closer to 1600 a month

I thought our senior year rent was lower than junior year.

We each paid $350 a month for a four bedroom house on Polo.

im paying 750 for a two bedroom in aspen park right now

I think I paid about $400 a month w/ utilities included in 2005 on what is now called Bethabara Haven Dr - right across the from the University entrance to campus.

Back